Re: MCCauley family

  • nmmccalla
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2006
      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "dragonlady19682000"
      <dragonlady19682000@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for information on the MCCauley Clan and origins. My
      > lastest ancestor is a James MCCauley from Scotland. He lived around
      > 1700's and was a British sea captain. His wife was Elizabeth Watson.
      > but they married in the colnonies. WE believe hes from a boarder
      > clan. If anyone would have any infomation I would very much
      > appreciate it it could be on the man himself or the clan. Thank you
      > Billie Keaffaber can also be reached at bobbyjo465@...

      Were your McCauleys in Chester Co., SC? My brick wall is William
      M'Auley / McCauley / McCalla b. ca 1822 in SC (co.unk). I think he may
      belong to the Chester Co. clan, but can find no info for him before his
      1843 marriage in Talladega Co., AL to Abigail Clarke (born in Anderson
      Co., SC). Meg McCalla - also megmccalla@...