Crichton

  • clvanhoose
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4 6:46 PM
      I am Carol Vanhoose and am looking for my mother's family, the
      Crichton family. The first person I have is Robert Crichton, born
      abt. 1761 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland. Was discharged from the army at
      Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland on 8 Apr 1783. Don't know wife's name, they
      had at least 3 sons, #3 (my ancestor) John Crichton, born 21 Apr 1787
      Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland, died 21 Nov 1862 Dundee, Kane Co., Il.
      Married 6 Jun 1806 in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland to Janet Hamilton,
      born 13 Nov 1786 Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland. They had 10 children all
      born in Airdrie, Scotland.
      Am looking for further data.
    • clvanhoose
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2006
        Looking for any information on the Crichton Family
        Carol Vanhoose
      • Alex Paterson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
          Hello Carol,
          I have a some Crichton's in my lot, in the Dumfries area,
          does that help ?
          Regards,
          Alex Paterson.
          Researchimg BOLL, BOLE, LORIMER, WILSON PATERSON and many more.

        • carol.vanhoose@netzero.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
            Don't think it will help. Just in case here is a brief of my lineage.
            Robert Crichton, born a1761 Glasgow, Lanak, Scotland, wife unk.
            John Crichton, born 1787, died 1862 Dundee, Kane, Il., Janet Hamilton.
            Grace Crichton, born 1827 Airdie, Scotland, died 1914 Dundee, Il., Robert Todd.
            James Todd, born 1849 Dundee, Il, died 1928 Dundee, Il., Ida Sensor.
            Sarah Charlotte Todd, born 1904 Dundee, Il., died 1955 Miami, Fl., Raymond
            Wilburn Amis.
            Mary Patricia Amis, born 1927 Dundee, Il., died 1962 Dallas, Tx., Elul Lee Pitts.
            Carol Lee Pitts, born 1946 Tulsa, Ok., Lilburn R. Vanhoose.
            Appreciate your offer of help. Carol Vanhoose

          • clvanhoose
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
              Alex,
              Our Crichton's came from the Glasgow area.
              Here is a brief of my lineage:
              Robert Crichton, B: a1761 Glasgow, Lanak, Sctland, wnk. wife.
              John Crichton, 1787 Glasgow-1862 Dundee, Kane, Il.
              m: Janet Hamilton 1786-1855.
              Grace Crichton, 1827 Airdie, Scotland-1914 Dundee, Il.
              m: Robert Todd 1821-1907.
              James Todd, 1849 Dundee, Il.-1928 Dundee, Il. m: Ida Sensor
              1866-?.
              Sarah Charlotte Todd, 1904 Dundee, Il.-1955 Miami, Fl.
              m: Raymond Wilburn Amis 1903-1982.
              Mary Patricia Amis, 1927 Dundee, Il.-1962 Dallas, Tx.
              m: Elul Lee Pitts 1924-living.
              Carol Lee Pitts, 1946 Tulsa, Ok.-living, m: Lilburn Vanhoose.

              Appreciate that you tried to help.

              Carol Vanhoose
            • Alex Paterson
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2006
                Hello Carol,
                Sorry do not know that branch, mine as I said are
                in Dumfriesshire, along with my Lorimers and Wilsons, good luck with your
                search,

              • carol.vanhoose@netzero.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 14, 2006
                  Thank you Alex. I will keep searching.