Re: [scots-origins] ScotlandsPeople

    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 31, 2006
      adp@... writes:

      If you are within reach of an LDS Family History Centre, you can hire the
      microfilm to be brought in for your use for less than the £10 you have paid
      for the certified copies from GROS.

      This is certainly true but one needs to weigh the cost and time of getting
      to the Family History Society or other holders of the films against the GROS
      charge.

    • RP
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 4, 2006
        Very interesting information about the Registration forms which may have
        varied according to the social tree, that is an aspect I didn't consider.
        Thanks for the info.
        Mary P