Re: James Ruthven from Edinburgh

  • car197124
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 12:21 PM
      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Byrnes" <pajbyrnes@...>
      wrote:

      > I trying to find any information on James Ruthven who married
      > Katherine Sime/sim daughter of Nicol Sime on the 18th of April 1773
      > in Edinburgh they had two children Sime Ruthven born in 1775 &
      James > Ruthven born 1776. James then married Jean Sinclair daughter
      of > Andrew sinclair & Clementina Reid on the 3rd of August 1778 they
      had > eight children Clementina, Jean, Andrew, Elizabeth Sutherland,
      > Alexander, Henderson Anne, Mary & John between 1779& 1803.
      > > If you have any information on this information it would be great
      to > hear from you.

      Reply: From car197124. James had nine children a boy named
      Charles Stewart Ruthven died 12 days after birth 17/3/1793.
      Elizabeth Sutherland R married my GT.GT.GT.GT Grandfather
      Samuel Pond, merchant of Edinburgh on 22/7/1807. We believe that
      James Ruthven came from a well known family of Printers, but we have
      no information as to where and when he was born. James was a Burgess
      in Edinburgh, as well as his son John. We understand that John or
      another son Andrew invented the Ruthven Printing Press. One such
      Press is exhibited in the Museum in Edinburgh. We have no knowledge
      of James R from his marriage to Katherine Sime or to the death? of
      Katherine.Please contact ASAP