help

  • patricia bolton
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 12 11:02 PM
      Hi to all,
      Can anyone tell me why I am unable to find my Great Grandfathers birth in
      Scotland ?
      I have found his marriage in Scotland,
      the birth of his children (also the deaths of 2 children)
      his death in the UK, the census tells me he WAS born in Scotland,
      I have tried the church records pre 1855 all to no avail,also tried all the
      best websites.
      I don't know where to go from here, anyone with any suggestions???????? hope
      so.
      Thanks
      Trish (Australia)
    • Carole
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14 12:37 PM
        Hi Trish
        Have you tried Family search org?
        Carole

        patricia bolton <trish58@...> wrote: Hi to all,
        Can anyone tell me why I am unable to find my Great Grandfathers birth in
        Scotland ?
        I have found his marriage in Scotland,
        the birth of his children (also the deaths of 2 children)
        his death in the UK, the census tells me he WAS born in Scotland,
        I have tried the church records pre 1855 all to no avail,also tried all the
        best websites.
        I don't know where to go from here, anyone with any suggestions???????? hope
        so.
        Thanks
        Trish (Australia)

      • Bob & Keren
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14 11:34 PM
          Hi Trish
          Only thing I can think of might be to go to one of the Mormon Public
          Libraries and try to get the film of the Kirk Session Book for where he was
          born. I've had success with them.
          Regards
          Keren (Australia)
          > Can anyone tell me why I am unable to find my Great Grandfathers birth in
          > Scotland ?
          > I have found his marriage in Scotland,
          > the birth of his children (also the deaths of 2 children)
          > his death in the UK, the census tells me he WAS born in Scotland,
          > I have tried the church records pre 1855 all to no avail,also tried all
          > the
          > best websites.
          > I don't know where to go from here, anyone with any suggestions????????
          > hope
          > so.
          > Thanks
          > Trish (Australia)

        • isobel mcewan
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 15 8:27 AM
            Trish

            There is a possibility that if it is before 1855 by law they did not to
            register the births, I have had a few like this also and it is very
            frustrating. Can you give us the names area and dates and maybe someone can
            help.

            Isobel
          • julie seymour
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 15 11:09 AM
              Patricia prior to 1855 birth register were not
              necessarily mandatory. And a lot of people did not
              register births at all. So you may just have to live
              with the fact that there is no birth record for him.
              However if he died after 1855 the death record would
              give his parents names and his spouses name which you
              probably already know. But that is how I found the
              parents of my guy who had no birth register at all.
              Julie PS Good luckk
              --- patricia bolton <trish58@...> wrote:

              > Hi to all,
              > Can anyone tell me why I am unable to find my Great
              > Grandfathers birth in
              > Scotland ?
              > I have found his marriage in Scotland,
              > the birth of his children (also the deaths of 2
              > children)
              > his death in the UK, the census tells me he WAS born
              > in Scotland,
              > I have tried the church records pre 1855 all to no
              > avail,also tried all the
              > best websites.
              > I don't know where to go from here, anyone with any
              > suggestions???????? hope
              > so.
              > Thanks
              > Trish (Australia)

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • tricia bolton
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 16 1:53 PM
                julie seymour <mu8duck@...> wrote:

                Hi Julie
                Thanks for your tips, the response to my email has been astounding, I will follow all the tips given to me & feel sure that I will find him, one tip led me to the fact that Louis father Richard may have remarried, I checked this out & sure enough he had, so now I have another branch to follow.
                thanks again
                Tricia

                --- patricia bolton wrote:

                > Hi to all,
                > Can anyone tell me why I am unable to find my Great
                > Grandfathers birth in
                > Scotland ?
                > I have found his marriage in Scotland,
                > the birth of his children (also the deaths of 2
                > children)
                > his death in the UK, the census tells me he WAS born
                > in Scotland,
                > I have tried the church records pre 1855 all to no
                > avail,also tried all the
                > best websites.
                > I don't know where to go from here, anyone with any
                > suggestions???????? hope
                > so.
                > Thanks
                > Trish (Australia)