Re: Re: [scots-origins] Searching for a Wiley Joyner who emmigrated to America around 1800 or later

  • ghwlc@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2006
      I have only a couple of records in hand - but someone (one of the cousins) has more of a paper trail I believe. My great great grandfather was a Wiley Joyner who was born in 1798 in Nottaway, Southampton, VA (now WV) - he married a Margaret ???(Wright?) - I have a copy of their marriage record. That gives you a couple of dates -that is all I have - there are so many Wileys in that area it can get confusing - there are gecoms that give various parents for mine but they all lead back to Thomas JOyner in the 1600's who came from England. So could be one of his descendents but again there is the story of the second generation American - Scottish I also have a record from the smae county of a Wiley Joyner marrying a Lucy Vick in 1796 - I have pulled up some immigration indexes and found a William Campbell Joiner arriving NY and also a David arriving around 1747 - he was a Jacobite prisoner I believe - but I can't find any record of them in America. Not much help - I would like to find a record of Wiley's b 1798 father immigratig or in Scotland - not much to go on is there? Thank you so much for responding. Help!
      Georganne

      > From: PK DU <pkdu999@...>
      > Date: 2006/02/02 Thu PM 02:15:50 EST
      > To: scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [scots-origins] Searching for a Wiley Joyner who emmigrated to America around 1800 or later
      >
      > Ok - lets see what we can find.
      >
      > What info do you have on your GGGF - or the furthest back you can go for sure?
      >
      > PK
      >
      > johnduffjoyner <ghwlc@...> wrote:
      > I have no information past my great great grandfather - supposedly the
      > famly shistory goes that that person or one aftr him came to Amercia -
      > noone is alive who can give an exact answer. I do not know where they
      > lived but I feel it was near the borders. NOt much to go on here. Most
      > of the Joyners in Virgina came much earlier from England - I refuse to
      > give up on the history that my family is Scottish. Any help would be
      > appreciated. I have just joined today and proud to be a subscriber.
      > Georganne Clendenin

    • PK DU
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
        These are the only six Joyners born in Scotland between 1760 and 1785 (who arguably could have fathered a child in 1798.)

        No Date Surname Forename Parent Names/Frame No. Sex Parish GROS Data 1 16/07/1762 JOYNER DANIEL WILLIAM JOYNER/ELIZABETH KEITH M ABERDEEN 168/A0 0008 2 10/12/1780 JOYNER DAVID ALEXANDER JOYNER/ANNE SIMSON M CROMARTY 061/00 0001 3 21/05/1765 JOYNER JEAN JOHN JOYNER/ U NAIRN 123/00 0002 4 25/04/1762 JOYNER PETER JAMES JOYNER/MARGARET DICKSON FR171 M CRANSTON 680/00 0001 5 21/08/1772 JOYNER WILLIAM JAMES JOYNER/CHRISTIAN BREMNER M CROMARTY 061/00 0001 6 10/05/1780 JOYNER WILLIAM ALEXANDER JOYNER/CATHARINE MCKENZIE M CROMARTY 061/00 0001

        ghwlc@... wrote: I have only a couple of records in hand - but someone (one of the cousins) has more of a paper trail I believe. My great great grandfather was a Wiley Joyner who was born in 1798 in Nottaway, Southampton, VA (now WV) - he married a Margaret ???(Wright?) - I have a copy of their marriage record. That gives you a couple of dates -that is all I have - there are so many Wileys in that area it can get confusing - there are gecoms that give various parents for mine but they all lead back to Thomas JOyner in the 1600's who came from England. So could be one of his descendents but again there is the story of the second generation American - Scottish I also have a record from the smae county of a Wiley Joyner marrying a Lucy Vick in 1796 - I have pulled up some immigration indexes and found a William Campbell Joiner arriving NY and also a David arriving around 1747 - he was a Jacobite prisoner I believe - but I can't find any record of them in America. Not much
        help - I would like to find a record of Wiley's b 1798 father immigratig or in Scotland - not much to go on is there? Thank you so much for responding. Help!
        Georganne

        > From: PK DU

        > Date: 2006/02/02 Thu PM 02:15:50 EST
        > To: scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [scots-origins] Searching for a Wiley Joyner who emmigrated to America around 1800 or later
        >
        > Ok - lets see what we can find.
        >
        > What info do you have on your GGGF - or the furthest back you can go for sure?
        >
        > PK
        >
        > johnduffjoyner wrote:
        > I have no information past my great great grandfather - supposedly the
        > famly shistory goes that that person or one aftr him came to Amercia -
        > noone is alive who can give an exact answer. I do not know where they
        > lived but I feel it was near the borders. NOt much to go on here. Most
        > of the Joyners in Virgina came much earlier from England - I refuse to
        > give up on the history that my family is Scottish. Any help would be
        > appreciated. I have just joined today and proud to be a subscriber.
        > Georganne Clendenin

      • Julia T
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2006
          Hi Georganne,
          I have quite a few Joyners in my tree, originating from Aberdeenshire.
          My earliest JOYNER so far is DANIEL, who was born circa 1797, and married
          ELIZABETH ABBOT 16-Nov-1821 in OLD MACHAR, ABERDEEN. I can send you the line
          if you like?
          Regards,
          Julia Thompson