Surname Query = CLOUSTON

  • Heidi Graf
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hi Everyone! I'm new to this group and this is my first post. I'm seeking the ancestry of the CLOUSTON surname in Scotland, particularly on the Orkney Islands.

      My line of CLOUSTONS descends as follows:

      GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GRANDPARENTS:
      James CLOUSTON (b. 1783, Of Seatter, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      M. Christian LOUTIT (b. 1787, Of Seatter, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      Children:
      Thomas CLOUSTON (b. 02 Nov 1809)
      Ann Watt CLOUSTON (b. 26 Oct 1811, Seatter, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      Thomas CLOUSTON (b. 13 Jan 1815)
      Samuel CLOUSTON (b. 06 Apr 1817, Of Seatter, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      Joseph CLOUSTON (b. 16 Jan 1820)
      Catherine CLOUSTON (b. 20 Jan 1823)

      GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GRANDPARENTS:
      Samuel CLOUSTON (b. 06 Apr 1817, Of Seatter, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      Married on 30 Dec 1841 to Jessie HARVEY (b. Jan 1819, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland, d. Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Children:
      Ann CLOUSTON (b. 1843, Of, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland, d. Of, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      Samuel CLOUSTON (b. 1845, Of, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland, d. Of, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      John CLOUSTON (b. 1850, Of, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland, d. Of, Stromness, Orkney, Scotland)
      Catharine CLOUSTON (b. 1852, NY, USA)
      James CLOUSTON (b. 1853, NY, USA)
      Robert CLOUSTON (b. 1855, NY, USA)
      Jessie CLOUSTON (b. 1856, NY, USA)
      Thomas CLOUSTON (b. 1858, NY, USA)
      Charles CLOUSTON (b. Sep 1859, IL, USA, d. 22 May 1922, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Ralph CLOUSTON (b. 1863)
      Margaret CLOUSTON (b. 1865)

      GREAT-GREAT-GRANDPARENTS:
      Charles CLOUSTON (b. 1859, d. 1922)
      Married 28 Sep 1887 to Carrie BARRON (b. 18 Feb 1868 in New Albany, Floyd, IN, USA, d. 09 May 1930, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Children:
      Charles Forster CLOUSTON (b. Nov 1888, d. 14 Sep 1944)
      Harry Ralph CLOUSTON (b. Aug 1890, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA, d. May 1973, Vero Beach, , FL, USA)
      Roy CLOUSTON (b. Oct 1892, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Grant CLOUSTON (b. 04 Jul 1897, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Ethel CLOUSTON (b. 1899, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Lucille V. CLOUSTON (b. 1901, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA, d. Sep 1960)

      GREAT-GRANDPARENTS:
      Grant CLOUSTON (b. 04 Jul 1897, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA, d. Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      Married to Rose Ann VOLAY(b. 1899, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA, d. 1999, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA)
      One Child:
      Robert CLOUSTON (b. 1924, Chicago, Cook, IL, USA) (MY GRANDFATHER)

      I have been trying to tie this line into the lineage found in the book, The Family of Clouston, but have not yet found the connection. I'd appreciate any information anyone may have on my CLOUSTON-LOUTIT lineage. I have photos of family as well as a photo of the headstone in Orkney, Scotland for James CLOUSTON and Christian LOUTIT and am more than happy to share with any descendants or any interested parties.

      Thanks and I really hope to find a connection here! :)
      Heidi