Re: [scots-origins] Those searching for Smellie family members

  • Trena
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      From: "karen" <delmarco@...>
      To: <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:22 PM
      Subject: [scots-origins] Those searching for Smellie family members

      >I came across a death certificate for my GGF Andrew McMenemy, listed
      > also is Stewart Smellie age 40 in 1884,married to Flora Fraser, living
      > in Motherwell,Parents, Hugh Smellie, and Mary Paterson, if you are
      > interested please e-mail me I'll gladly send you a copy.
      > Warm Regards,
      > Karen

      We think we have a SMELLIE as well. Presently I have no proof (intend to
      check it out at SP eventually), but my mother claims her father's sister,
      Jessie Anderson REIDFORD 1894 Forgue-1914 Rothiemay, was married to a
      SMELLIE. Jessie apparently gave birth to a son William (Willie) before she
      died at age 19. Her husband later re-married.

      Mum says she recalls the name as she and her brothers were children, they
      thought SMELLIE was the funniest of names! I do often wonder if she may
      have mixed it up with SMILLIE or such.

      Does anyone have a Jessie Anderson REIDFORD in their data?

      Toni ~ Ontario