Re: [scots-origins] Chelsea Pensioners

  • Ian Henderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31 3:59 AM
      Easy and cheap for you to check, the records can be accessed on-line at
      http://www.nationalarchivistcom

      They have the Peninsula Medal Roll and Waterloo Roll Call for you to view.

      Regards,

      Ian
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 31 5:39 AM
        At the time to which you refer all army pensioners were referred to as
        Chelsea Pensioners, as all Army pensions were then administered from Chelsea.
        These days of course we only refer to ex Army personnel actually resident in
        Chelsea Barracks as Chelsea Pensioners, and they were a distinctive uniform.