Re: [scots-origins] Variations of JANET?..and a census search pretty please.

  • Anne Pryce
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 30, 2005
      In researching 250 years of ancestors that lived in the Old Monklands and a
      lot of them primarily in Baillieston as well as lots of other areas of the
      Old and New Monklands I think I can say without a doubt was Bailleston was
      always in the Old Monklands - that is when the Monklands area as a whole was
      called that.
      Its the Monklands area as a whole that changed name. The region came under
      Lanarkshire along with Barony and other parts of Glasgow upon till the mid
      20th century I think and it now come`s under North Lanarkshire
      I`m happy to be corrected but I`m fairly confident its the region that had
      boundary changes and name changes not the small towns within it

      Anne

      > wandsent@... writes:
      >
      > As an extra Baillieston is in Old Monkland,
      > Lanarkshire and if I'm correct has jumped between Old
      > and New Monkland quite a few times
      >

      > Baillieston is on the west side of Old Monkland while New Monkland is
      > generally to the east of Old Monkland and I would doubt that Baillieston
      switched
      > between the two. If any switching between Parishes took place I would
      think
      > that it would be between Old Monkland and Barony which lay to the west of
      Old