Re: [scots-origins] Edmund St. Glasgow, 1909

  • Carol Reid
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2004
      Go to www.mapquest.com and enter Edmund street, Glasgow.
      Carol

    • CCarrolluk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2004
        Carol, did you actually try mapquest to find edmund street before you
        advised us to use it.
        Cos it does not exist.

      • Carol Reid
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 28, 2004
          The map may just have indicated the Centre of Glasgow which is in
          the Cathedral/High st area.
          Edmund St was not mentioned.
          Sorry - may have mislead you.
          Carol

          > Go to www.mapquest.com and enter Edmund street, Glasgow.
          > Carol
          >

          >> Does any one out there know where Edmund St.is or was,in
          >> 1909.I
          >> just
        • Sheena Jarvis

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
              Hi,
              Yes, Mapquest did bring it up with a star at the place requested.
              I didn't look any further since I assumed at the time that it was
              one of the old streets around Tollcross area and just gave the
              list the suggestion.
              It was only after all the other comments that I tried again and
              couldn't get close enough in to actually identify Edmund St.
              But at no time did Mapquest say "no such street"
              Sorry about all that.
              Carol

              > Carol, did you actually try mapquest to find edmund street
              > before you
              > advised us to use it.
              > Cos it does not exist.
            • Janet
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
                Hi,

                Mapquest does exist, I have used it in the past two months. But it is
                MapQuest. I would think however that it would only be good for up to
                date verification. As a matter of interest I charted the trip a
                cousin was taking in the US from California to Tennessee and it was
                accurate. The link I have produced for you here is selected for the
                purposes of United Kingdom addresses.
                Try this:
                http://www.mapquest.com/maps/main.adp?countrycode=GB

                Janet