Re: [scots-origins] Double Registration

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
      adp@... writes:

      From my research, I have seen that a transcribed birth is often the first
      child to the family and that the birth took place in the mother's mother's
      house. So from your people above, I would ask, did "Granny Findlay" live in
      Cambuslang? There may be births after 1874, but they will not appear on the
      IGI. (The LDS stopped their birth record extractions for the IGI at
      1874-1875).

      Hi

      I have an instance of a birth registered twice but in this case the child
      was illegitimate and the birth was registered in the place where the birth took
      place and a few days later in the place where the mother was normally
      resident. The entry shows no name for the father but some years later it came to
      light that the probable father had made provision for the child in his will

    • Carole
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
        Hi Gordon
        What were you wearing when she dragged you down the aisle were you kicking and screaming. We can see who wears the pants in your family can't we. what a great story.
        Carole[New Zealand]

        gordon crooks <glcrooks@...> wrote:

        Rena: I can beat that! I never knew I was getting married until my wife
        dragged me down the aisle, all announcements were aftermath!!

        Gordon
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2004
          Carole: I was wearing what we call a monkey suit, formal tails and all! The
          minister was very kind and let me and my best man have a sip of the altar
          wine, it helped to steady men and then my wife took over and kept me on the
          steady straight trail for the next 37 years!

          Gordon----- Original Message -----