Re: [scots-origins] Re: Menzies Family

  • Carole
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2004
      Hi Jo
      As far as I know most of our Menzies Family were from Greenock Renfrewshire but we have a few that have Irish births as well. The history I am looking for would be 1700's- 1800's. Our Menzies are connected to the castle at Perthshire.
      I will need to go through my records but if we are able to compare notes that would be great. I want to compile a family history for our family for now and the future so if you have anything that would be great.
      Carole

      :
      Carole,

      I am researching the Menzies family in County Lanark, Scotland and
      surrounding areas mid 1700's to early 1900's. I have collected a
      lot of information on the Menzies but did not find a William b. 1832
      in my records. In what time period and location are you interested?

      Jo

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, Carole
      wrote:
      > Hi Fellow Listers
      > I am looking for any Menzies Family. As far as I know we are
      descended from Samuel but I am not sure of his wifes name. I have
      started a website for the family and need to do more work on it. But
      I am looking to see how many of the family would be interested in
      recording all of our history. I am sure together we will find the
      correct Samuel and his wife. Our line goes through his son William
      who was not the first child and he was born in 1831. So I hope
      someone is able to help me with my quest.
      > Carole

    • Carole
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 21, 2005
        Hi Listers
        I have hit a stumbling block with my Menzies Family research. I have gone back to great great grandpaernts. I have also got their parents but am not sure if I am on the right track.I have been through family search org and other ones but have hit a brick wall. I know that my great great grandfather William Menzies was born in Antrim Ireland in 1831 and he married Mary Walker from Londonderry Ireland and they would have come to Greenock Refrewshire Scotland at some time because my great grandfather William was born there in 1868. There are several children in both generations of William Menzies so there is quite a puzzel to unravel. I am trying to sort it all out for our family
        and I want to record it for future generations.I hope there are more family members out there who can help me knock dwon this brick wall.
        Thanks in advance
        Carole