Re: [scots-origins] Dumfriesshire Family of Hair (Hare) - Barrie - and Russel or Russell

  • davidnivison
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004
      I have a copy of this book.

      David Nivison
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Ray Ann Alt" <rayannalt1953@...>
      To: <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 6:36 PM
      Subject: [scots-origins] Dumfriesshire Family of Hair (Hare) - Barrie - and
      Russel or Russell

      > Hello Fellow Scots-Origin Researchers: I have had problems posting before
      so I am not sure if this will go through.... Is there anyone out there who
      is researching the surname of HAIR (HARE) - BARRIE - or RUSSEL/RUSSELL ?

      > I have heard of a book that was published in 1999 by H. Gilbert Nicol
      called "Families of Wanlockhead: A Portrait of a Lead Mining Village in 19th
      Century Scotland"... if anyone has that book please contact me...

      > Is there anyone who has come across a type of ledger from the 1700's that
      lists bequests of heritage and doles it out in ledger form? I have
      something like that but I don't understand exactly what it means or what it
      is about...