MCCrea and Rankin

  • Dellas Johnston
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi All,

      Reposting names,GEORGE YOUNG RANKIN born 1820/1821 Clealand County Lanark parents maybe WILLIAM AND AGNES married in NSW Australia 1855 to

      MARY MCCREA born 1829/1830 Canthill, Rossshire, Scotland. Possible relations are JOHN MCCREA AND MARY ISOBELLA MCCREA.

      Spelling could be MCRAE father FARQUHAR MCRAE. I am looking for shipping as I think they both arrived in Australia as young children.
      I have a Mary McRae arriving in 1849 aged 17 yrs, but going by children born from the marriage, I don't think this is my MARY MCCRAE

      Any help would be appreciated as I have hit a very solid brick wall

      Dellas
      NSW Australia.

    • gord_steele
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
        Sorry I can't help with your request.

        I have a Rankin in my tree. Her name was Jean Rankin. Married to my
        ggg grandfather, Patrick Steel, aka Peter Steele in 1793 at New
        Monkland in Lanark. I have no idea as yet of her parents names.

        It seems we share the name Young also, as both my grandfather and g
        grandfather have it as middle names. I was told we had a Young in
        the family, but I have yet to find it.

        If you have a connection, please let me know.

        Gordon

        --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "Dellas Johnston" <parma@h...>