OUR Menzies Genealogy

  • Carole
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi to all our family out there
      My Menzies connections are from William Menzies born 1831 in Antrim Ireland
      and Mary Walker born in Londonderry.Their son William was my gr grandfather
      and he was born in Greenock Refrewshire Scotland in 1868 and he married
      Elizabeth Purdie Park who was born in Galashiels Scotland in 1866.
      I would like to write a book about our history but there is alot I am still tring to find out about them.My father is dead so I am relying on an Uncle and Aunt alive and any of you that may be able to help with any snippets of history about the family.Please any of you that are connected can you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Carole[New Zealand]

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        Carole wrote:

        My Menzies connections are from William Menzies born 1831 in Antrim Ireland

        > and Mary Walker born in Londonderry.

        If William and Mary died in Scotland after 1855, then you may be able to prove your Walker and Menzies origins in IRE for at least one more generation. Get the Deaths entries for Mary then William.

        Cheers,

        ALISTAIR M. CAMERON A.A.G.R.A.

        Professional Genealogist http://quozl.netrek.org/cameron-research/

        PO Box 215 BUNDANOON NSW 2578 AUSTRALIA