Re: [scots-origins] KERR& Many More Families

  • Jackiewalder@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2003
      Hello ,My late Mother's name was Catherine BAXTER Wilkie she was born in
      Glasgow on 24 Dec 1900 Her familys names were all Stevenson, Baxter, Wilkie and
      Ritchie .I believe the Baxters etc,. all came from Lochgilphead originally then
      moved southwards to Paisley and then to Langside and Dennistoun in Glasgow .I
      have some information regarding the baxters and Ritchies .If you wish I can
      send it to you.
      Regards Mrs Jackie Walder nee Bearn of Rainham Kent England
      P.S. in one bit of the tree there are a Hector Baxter and would you believe
      a Baxter Baxter, very odd .
    • Jackiewalder@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2003
        Also I have a McMillan who was a cousin of my Mothers in Glasgow
        Regards Jackie
      • gary and rhonda simpson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
          I am interested in your Simpson Eadie names. I have a Patrick Mitchell
          (Peter) Simpson 1829 - 1913 with a first marriage to Annie Eddie 1832-1866.
          They had 4 children prior to her death, Henry, James, Anne and William.
          She was from Tough Abd, Born Married and Died there. Her children also all
          born there. Annie"s parents were James Eadie and Elizabeth (Isabel) Adam.
          Any of these names show up in your data?
          Rhonda Simpson
          Manitoba
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2006
            Hi Jackie

            Noticed your message, I'm unsure if you're still online. My families
            are also Baxter and Stephens. My Gtx3Grandad Donald/Daniel Baxter
            was born in Lochgilphead 1820. He married Ann Buchannan in Abbey
            (Paisley)parish 1843. They then moved to Greenock. Let me know what
            you think. Regards. Paul Baxter.