Clydebank address for Henry McMonagle

  • Elaine.Fenner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2003
      Henry McMonagle is my brick wall. He is my ggrandfather and was not
      married to my ggrandmother. At the time of my grandmother's birth
      (August 28, 1904), her father Henry McMonagle was living at 4 Belmont
      Street in Clydebank (this info from birth certificate). I have searched
      Scotland's People and other databases and cannot find Henry McMonagle
      anywhere.

      Any connections, information or advice?
      Thanks,
      Elaine

    • CCarrolluk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        I had a look at the 1881 scotland census to see how many McMonagles there
        were.
        There are only 6 in the Lowlands (includes glasgow) area.
        5 of whom stated they were born in Ireland, the other one was born in England.
        Perhaps you should try Ireland.
        Colin

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Elaine wrote:

          > Henry McMonagle is my brick wall. He is my ggrandfather and was not
          > married to my ggrandmother. At the time of my grandmother's birth
          > (August 28, 1904), her father Henry McMonagle was living at 4 Belmont
          > Street in Clydebank (this info from birth certificate).

          That surname didn't arise at that address in 1881 Census. You may do well to check the same address in 1901 and 1891.

          The deaths entries for Henry and his partner, could be highly informative!

          Cheers,

          ALISTAIR
        • Gordon Adadms
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
            Dear Elaine

            This may be a long shot but I have a James McMonigal married in 1894 in
            Partick. Hugh was his fathers name then I believe the name changes to
            McGunnigal with the birth of my gggrandmother. I think it may be due to the
            accents of both the speaker and the recorder.
            Please let me know if you have any further information and maybe we can both
            smash down some walls.
            Jacquie
          • Les Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2003
              Dear Elaine,

              You may know that the Forth and Clyde Canal runs through the centre of
              Clydebank. Built on the canal, but immobile, close to Clydebank Shopping
              Centre, there is the Fish Boat, really a Fish and Chip shop, which was -
              maybe is - run by the McMonagle family.
              A letter addressed to the McMonagle Family, c/o The Fish Boat, Clydebank,
              Dunbartonshire, would probably give you the information you are seeking.

              Good Luck
              Mary.

              > Henry McMonagle is my brick wall. He is my ggrandfather and was not
              > married to my ggrandmother. At the time of my grandmother's birth
              > (August 28, 1904), her father Henry McMonagle was living at 4 Belmont
              > Street in Clydebank (this info from birth certificate). I have searched
              > Scotland's People and other databases and cannot find Henry McMonagle
              > anywhere.
              >
              > Any connections, information or advice?
              > Thanks,
              > Elaine

            • Elaine Fenner
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 16, 2003
                Thanks for your reply, but I have absolutely no other information. I had touched base with other McMonagle researchers and it looked like I may have found a connection, but then that fell
                through. My father vaguely remembers meeting a Cecil McMonagle...but that is the only name I have.

                Elaine

                Gordon Adadms wrote:

                > Dear Elaine
                >
                > This may be a long shot but I have a James McMonigal married in 1894 in
                > Partick. Hugh was his fathers name then I believe the name changes to
                > McGunnigal with the birth of my gggrandmother. I think it may be due to the
                > accents of both the speaker and the recorder.
                > Please let me know if you have any further information and maybe we can both
                > smash down some walls.
                > Jacquie

              • Rena MCCARTHY
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 16, 2003
                  I saw there were some new McMonagle entries today on
                  www.genesconnected.co.uk

                  Rena
                  ==