Re: Where is Bellandorie, Inchmarnoch?

  • Veronika
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2003
      Jenny, did your William marry Margaret SMALL or Isabella FARQUHARSON?
      Contact me at heaters_siren@... if so.
      Veronika

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, samira@e... wrote:
      > This group looks like a great way to share information.
      > I hope someone can solve this puzzle for me. My ancestor, William
      > Bowman, is buried in Glenmuick Churchyard, Deeside. On his
      gravestone
      > (d.1821)is "William Bowman, late Bellandorie, Inchmarnoch". I
      haven't
      > been able to locate this place on my inadequate maps. The nearest
      is an
      > island called Inchmarnock which I think is near Bute. I would be
      very
      > grateful for any help as I have come to a full stop now!
      > Jenny Shepherd

    • Kerri Verhoef
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2003
        Hi Jenny
        I have been reading an archaeology article that makes reference to an
        Inchmarnoch near Bute-
        Here is a few lines from that article and I hope it helps with your query.

        Cheers. Kerri
        "Major news items take on the appearance of short articles, with important
        revelations about the earliest known tuberculosis in Britain, a huge
        hillfort at Roulston Scar on the North Yorkshire Moors, and a fascinating
        medieval decorated stone from Inchmarnoch, off Bute in Scotland".