[scots-origins] Re: searching for relations i.e. ancestors

  • Alec Cameron
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 1999
      gair fulton wrote:

      > I am looking for any person who has any details of the Fulton 's
      > of Pittenweem in Fife any details what so ever you think could be relative
      > or the Burns of Alanton or Shotts

      I am not related. Best to tell, <WHICH> of the Pittenweem FULTONs are
      you interested in? You're possibly not related to the huge majority.

      These strays were in the 1851 Census:

      William Fulton, 22y, Clerk, bn Fife, res Glasgow
      Margaret Fulton, 15y, bn Glasgow, res Fife, Markinch.

      ALISTAIR M. CAMERON, A.A.G.R.A. also known as ALEC
      acameron@... **My Ancestral File No. is TO4M-WJ**
    • helen heginbotham
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 1999
        Dear Gair
        have some burns out of Shotts,including Thomas Burns and family
        Helen
        in SA

        From: "gair fulton" <gair_m_fulton@...>
        To: scots-origins@egroups.com
        Date: Fri, Oct 29, 1999, 10:10 pm

        Dear Members
        I am looking for any person who has any details of the Fulton 's
        of Pittenweem in Fife any details what so ever you think could be relative
        or the Burns of Alanton or Shotts hope to hear from you soon any
        commentswould be helpful.
        Gair
      • gair fulton
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 1999
          To Helen Heginbotham

          Dear Helen
          This is correct as Tom Burns Moved From Shotts to Allanton
          But I sure the burns are connected with some Burns In Ireland

          Good to hear your comments Helen

          Thanks
          Gair

          >eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/scots-origins/

        • gair fulton
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 1999
            To Betty Gourlay

            Dear Betty
            I Thankyou for your time and Patience in the details you have sent
            It will take some time to get through this but this e-mail was tromendous
            and it was realy good to read some of this I shall go ver the rest later ,
            But I thought a thanks for your effort and don't hesitate if I can help with
            a search in later times

            Many Thanks
            Gair

            >-- Check out your eGroup's private Chat room
            >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=scots-origins&m=1

          • gair fulton
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 1999
              to Helen Heginbotham

              DearHelen

              read your Mail you sent can you possibly tell me some more on your Details
              from Burns as the sunk mines for the Lanarkshire area at that time, it
              sounds interesting what you have.

              Let me know if possible

              Either through the group or
              gair_m_fulton@...

              Thanks Helen

              Gair

              >From: helen heginbotham <helen@...>
              >To: scots-origins@egroups.com
              >Subject: [scots-origins] Re: searching for relations i.e. ancestors
              >Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 06:48:09 +1030
              >
              >Dear Gair
              >have some burns out of Shotts,including Thomas Burns and family
              >Helen
              >in SA

              >eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/scots-origins/

            • alan92fulton
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2006
                Hi

                Hopefully your e-mail adress is still active my ancestors are Andrew
                are Andrew and Betsy.

                Alan Fulton

                --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "betty gourlay" <betty@...>
                wrote:

                > <I am looking for any person who has any details of the Fulton 's
                of
                > Pittenweem in Fife > & <or the Burns of Alanton or Shotts >
                > The following are from the 1881 census.Hope they are useful!
                > Betty
                >
                > Dwelling: Water Wynd
                > Census Place: Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland
                > Source: FHL Film 0203530 GRO Ref Volume 452 EnumDist
                1 Page 46
                > Marr Age Sex Birthplace
                > William FULTON M 36 M St Monance, Fife, Scotland Rel: Head Occ:
                Boat
                > Builder
                > Agnes FULTON M 35 F St Monance, Fife, Scotland Rel: Wife
                > Christian FULTON 12 F St Monance, Fife, Scotland Rel: Daur
                Occ: Scholar
                > Margaret FULTON 10 F Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Daur
                Occ: Scholar
                > John FULTON 8 M Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Son Occ:
                Scholar
                > William FULTON 6 M Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Son Occ:
                Scholar
                > Agnes FULTON 4 F Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Daur Occ:
                Scholar
                > David J. FULTON 2 M Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Son
                > Christian MATHERS U 20 F St Monance, Fife, Scotland Rel: Serv
                Occ:
                > Domestic Servant
                >
                > Dwelling: Mid Shore School Wynd
                > Census Place: Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland
                > Source: FHL Film 0203530 GRO Ref Volume 452 EnumDist
                1 Page 27
                > Marr Age Sex Birthplace
                > Andw. FULTON M 61 M Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Head Occ:
                Fisherman
                > Betsy FULTON M 56 F Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Wife
                > Archd. FULTON U 26 M Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Son Occ:
                Fisherman
                > James FULTON U 20 M Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Son Occ:
                Fisherman
                > Betsy FULTON U 17 F Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland Rel: Daur Occ:
                Domestic
                > Servant
                >
                > Dwelling: Flat Row
                > Census Place: Shotts, Lanark, Scotland
                > Source: FHL Film 0203618 GRO Ref Volume 626-B EnumDist
                4 Page
                > 26
                > Marr Age Sex Birthplace
                > James MC CARNEY M 29 M Ireland Rel: Head Occ: Railway Surface
                Man
                > Catherine MC CARNEY M 29 F Carluke, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Wife
                > Charles MC CARNEY U 31 M Ireland Rel: Brother Occ: Railway
                Surfaceman
                > Colin BURNS M 49 M Ireland Rel: Lodger Occ: Blacksmith
                >
                > Dwelling: 4 Carlisle Rd Bellside
                > Census Place: Shotts, Lanark, Scotland
                > Source: FHL Film 0203704 GRO Ref Volume 655-3 EnumDist
                3 Page
                > 13
                > Marr Age Sex Birthplace
                > Thomas MURPHY M 40 M Ireland Rel: Head Occ: Quarry Labourer
                > Maria MURPHY M 35 F Ireland Rel: Wife
                > James MURPHY 9 M Cambusnethan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ:
                Scholar
                > Ellen MURPHY 3 F Shotts, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur
                > Thomas MURPHY 1 M Shotts, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son
                > Charles FLINN U 41 M Ireland Rel: Boarder Occ: Quarry Labourer
                > John ALLAN U 35 M Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland Rel: Boarder
                Occ: Quarry
                > Man (Freestone)
                > John BURNS U 25 M Ireland Rel: Boarder Occ: Quarry Labourer
                >
                > These are the only two Burns in Shotts. Couldn't find Alanton.

              • alan92fulton
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 14, 2006
                  Hi Hopefully your e-mail adress is still active my ancestors are
                  Fultons from Pittenweem

                  Alan Fulton

                  --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "gair fulton"