[scots-origins] Re: Try letters in local Scottish papers

  • wilfredgregory
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 30, 1999
      Dear Judy Strachan
      Read your letter in scots origins re. contacting local newspapers. You
      referred to a " Genuki" website.
      Can you please give me the full web address as I cannot access this site
      with one word.
      Thanks

      Wilf Gregory.
    • Frank McGonigal
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 30, 1999
        Hi
        I've been asked to post the URL for the Irish paper I mentioned that has a
        geneology page,here it is.

        http://www.westmeath-examiner.ie/wehomefrnew.html

        Good Hunting
        Frank McGonigal Ont Canada.
      • Mike Joseph (UK)
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 1999
          Wilf Gregory wrote:
          >>Read your letter in scots origins re. contacting local newspapers. You
          referred to a " Genuki" website.
          Can you please give me the full web address as I cannot access this site
          with one word.<<

          It can be quite simple to trace a web address, even if you have only one
          word; I entered "Genuki" in the search field of the Yahoo search engine,
          and came up with:

          http://www.genuki.org.uk/mindex.html

          which is probably what you're after.

          Hope this helps

          Mike
        • DMcall1173@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 1999
            <A HREF="http://www.infind.com/">InferenceFind</A> This search engine will
            find just about anything by inference
          • GG4you4170@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 1999
              In a message dated 11/2/99 3:51:19 AM Central Standard Time,
              DMcall1173@... writes:

              << <A HREF="http://www.infind.com/">InferenceFind</A> This search engine
              will
              find just about anything by inference >>
              Very good search engine. Thank you for sharing.
            • jms@werple.net.au
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 3, 1999
                " Genuki" website: Sorry but I don't have the address to hand. I have
                had an unfortunate accident with my Bookmarks, i.e. they've
                msyteriously disappeared. I may not actually have spelt the name right
                either.
                However, someone else out there will know. If such a someone else is
                reading this, could you please post the URL for Wilfred? Thanks
                Judy
              • Palhort@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 3, 1999
                  <A HREF="http://www.genealogy.org/gensite/current/report1.shtml">Gensite</A>