RE: [scots-origins] Whats a tomato

  • James Morton-Robertson
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
      I used to have a Kiwi secretqry from the North Island and we did have
      problems like she called me Jum and sex kept getting in the way until I
      discovered it came after 5 and before 7, good time keepers these Kiwis.
      There were many more but fush and chups was a favourite.
      James

      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
        The type of one fish sold being 'cod', although I prefer haddock and chips
        myself. Rena==

        > ?Fish and Chip shop

      • Brenda & Tony MacCulloch
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
          One would think so but it was CURRYS
          of the Indian hot and spicy type - I too thought she was saying Cod as in
          the fish but no !!!

          Isn't life interesting.

          cheers,
          Brenda

          > From: "Ann Reade" <ann@...>
          > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:33:07 +0100
          > To: <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: Re: [scots-origins] Whats a Coddie..
          >
          > ?Fish and Chip shop

        • Brenda & Tony MacCulloch
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
            She sounds wonderful !
            There is a great tale of a visitor to NZ, just off the plane and couldn't
            understand anything people were saying.

            He got into a taxi to go to town and asked the driver "Do people here speak
            English?"

            "Airsick Horse" replied the indignant driver.

            (translated as "Yes of course")

            Completely off topic, saw a car yesterday (Auckland NZ) with a licence plate
            reading:

            GRT8SCOT

            Brenda

          • Brenda & Tony MacCulloch
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
              No, no - thats the joke, frustration whatever one would like to call it, she
              said CODDIE but she was actually trying to say CURRY....

              brenda

              > From: "Rena MCCARTHY" <Rena@...>
              > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:29:56 +0100
              > To: <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: Re: [scots-origins] Whats a Coddie..
              >
              > The type of one fish sold being 'cod', although I prefer haddock and chips
              > myself. Rena==
              >

              >> ?Fish and Chip shop

            • Carole
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
                Hi James
                What an unusual kiwi secretary you must have had I
                am a kiwi and I say fish and chips and so does my
                family.This kiwi you had was I would say joking with
                you anyway what a good laugh.
                Carole[Proud to be a kiwi]
                --- James Morton-Robertson

                http://platinum.yahoo.com
              • Ann Reade
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 1, 2003
                  Me too.
                  Ann
                • Rena MCCARTHY
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 2, 2003
                    I have a peculiar sense of humour - Did you enjoy being frustrated? sorry.
                    Rena
                    ===

                    > No, no - thats the joke, frustration whatever one would like to call it,
                    she
                    > said CODDIE but she was actually trying to say CURRY....
                    >
                    > brenda
                    >
                    > > From: "Rena MCCARTHY" <Rena@...>
                    > > Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:29:56 +0100
                    > > To: <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com>
                    > > Subject: Re: [scots-origins] Whats a Coddie..
                    > >
                    > > The type of one fish sold being 'cod', although I prefer haddock and
                    chips
                    > > myself. Rena==
                    > >

                    > >> ?Fish and Chip shop

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/