Re: [scots-origins] Any English connections ...

  • dmatt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
      Julianne,

      >I live in London and plan on a visit to the Family Records Centre (where
      births, deaths and marriage records - from approx 1855 - are kept) sometime
      next week. While I am not a particularly experienced family historian I am
      willing to spend some time looking through the records for specific odds and
      ends for other folk.

      Thanks for the offer, but I hope you are not expecting to be able to see the
      certificates in London as the Office for National Statistics in Southport
      hold the actual certificates, the Family Records Centre has the indexes in
      heavy volumes. The general public are not allowed to see the certificates
      (which run from July 1837) unlike you can in Scotland.

      Best of luck,

      David

      >This is just a general offer for those of you who may have a few English
      odd and ends needing checking ...

      Mulholland@....

      >Julianne

    • Terry McNaney
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3 6:26 AM
        David

        Yes I know - but at least I should be able to provide some names, dates and
        placenames to allow people to confirm what they may already suspect or
        discount suspect rellies. I do hope that I have not given anyone
        unreasonable expectations.

        Julianne

        > >I live in London and plan on a visit to the Family Records Centre (where
        > births, deaths and marriage records - from approx 1855 - are kept)
        sometime
        > next week. While I am not a particularly experienced family historian I am
        > willing to spend some time looking through the records for specific odds
        and
        > ends for other folk.
        >
        > Thanks for the offer, but I hope you are not expecting to be able to see
        the
        > certificates in London as the Office for National Statistics in Southport
        > hold the actual certificates, the Family Records Centre has the indexes in
        > heavy volumes. The general public are not allowed to see the certificates
        > (which run from July 1837) unlike you can in Scotland.
        >
        > Best of luck,
        >
        > David

      • Janet Welsh
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3 9:03 AM
          Hi Julianne

          What a kind offer!

          I have a relative who I know is burried in Scotland but who i have been told
          died in Manchester.

          If I give you the details it would be great if you could check it out, but
          don't worry if you don't have time as I am not too far from Manchester and
          hope to go later in the year.

          James Gavin - born Tarbolton Ayrshire 1800 died Manchester September
          1877
          The last address I have for him is in 1870 - 61 Stanley Street Cheetham,
          Manchester, but of course he may have moved from there.

          i am not sure if this is enough info for you, and as i said before, dont
          worry if its not possible.
          Many thanks
          janet

          > Yes I know - but at least I should be able to provide some names, dates
          and
          > placenames to allow people to confirm what they may already suspect or
          > discount suspect rellies. I do hope that I have not given anyone
          > unreasonable expectations.
          >
          > Julianne

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Rena MCCARTHY
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3 10:36 AM
            Julianne,
            This is what I call an unreasonable expectation ::::
            Wave your magic wand and find the baptism of Charles Duck in the 1790's at
            St Georges Ch, Hanover Sq, Westminster !
            Rena
            ==

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4 5:57 AM
              Rena

              Unfortunately, I shan't be popping into St Georges for tea with the vicar in
              the immediate future so checks on baptisms not on the cards. So sorry ...
              pip, pip!

              Julianne

              > This is what I call an unreasonable expectation ::::
              > Wave your magic wand and find the baptism of Charles Duck in the 1790's at
              > St Georges Ch, Hanover Sq, Westminster !
              > Rena
              > ==
              > Julianne said:
              >
              > ........... I do hope that I have not given anyone unreasonable
              > expectations.

            • Rena MCCARTHY
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4 7:20 AM
                Charles Duck is not in either! He's gone walkabout - must have some
                Aboriginal in him! Toodle-oo
                Rena
                ===