Re: 1881 census at LDS

  • dkm1393
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 1, 2002
      Short note!!!! It's very kind of all you "1881 CD owners" to offer
      to do "look-ups", and assist those of us in need of help. Thanks for
      the kindness, it's not an easy job.
    • Carolyn B
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 6, 2002
        Good Evening Ms. Ann,
        The name is spelled FARGESON in the original land records and on his will.
        His sons switched between FARGESON and FARGUSON.
        One of his gr grgrandsons changed the spelling of our line to FERGUSON.
        This grgrgrandson's brothers kept the old spelling of FARGUSON for one more
        generation then their children finally joined our family line in spelling it
        FERGUSON.
        There have been a couple of instances where it has been spelled either by
        the family or government workers in other ways.
        Ain't genealogy fun?!!!
        Carolyn B.