Re: [scots-origins] Montgomery & Douglas

  • Maben Hartley
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
      Hi Nancy,

      I had a look for David and Mary Montgomery but
      couldn't find any in Roxburgh in 1881. I next tried
      'Douglas' and found 1316 of that name born in
      Roxburgh, of whom 465 were still living in Roxburgh.
      Apart from Mary, do you have any other Christian names
      and possible dates of birth to narrow the search?

      Maben

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • nancy-scholz@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Maben, I have David Douglas, her father born 1770.Mary born 1796.
        Isabella born 1795. Walter born 1800. Agnes born 1825. Elisabeth
        born 1829. Mary born 1827. I am trying to find Mary s parents
        records. I am going to LDS to read a film from 1500-1900 in the A.M.
        Hope you can find something. Nancy

        Nan@...
      • Maben Hartley
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
          Hi Nancy,

          I ran the names through the 1881 census but didn't
          have much success. Most of the women would have been
          married by then and have changed their names. There
          was one entry for an Agnes Douglas, unmarried, which
          I'll include here. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

          Maben

          Dwelling: 53 High Street
          Census Place: Jedburgh, Roxburgh, Scotland
          Source: FHL Film 0224041 GRO Ref Volume 792
          EnumDist 7 Page 11
          Marr Age Sex Birthplace
          Agnes DOUGLAS U 56 F Jedburgh, Roxburgh, Scotland
          Rel: Head
          Occ: Hotel Keeper
          Margaret DOUGLAS U 49 F Jedburgh, Roxburgh, Scotland
          Rel: Sister
          Occ: Hotel Keeper
          Donald M. KELLOSK U 36 M Milnathort, Kinross,
          Scotland
          Rel: Boarder
          Occ: Road Surveyor
          George SIMPSON U 23 M Coldstream, Berwick, Scotland
          Rel: Boarder
          Occ: Clerk
          --- nancy-scholz@... wrote: > Hi Maben, I have
          David Douglas, her father born
          > 1770.Mary born 1796.
          > Isabella born 1795. Walter born 1800. Agnes
          > born 1825. Elisabeth
          > born 1829. Mary born 1827. I am trying to find
          > Mary s parents
          > records. I am going to LDS to read a film from
          > 1500-1900 in the A.M.
          > Hope you can find something. Nancy
          >

          > Nan@...

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com
        • john trainer
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 23, 2002
            hi my great grandmothers name was elizabeth douglas born 1845 in milngavie
            scotland to father william douglass mothers name agnes douglasnee crombie
            hope this helps

          • nancy-scholz@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
              Hi, have you any more information on this family? Nancy

              Nan@...