RE: [scots-origins] HELEN BRYMER

  • Siren & J
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2002
      Thanks Dorothy,

      That's the info I have as well. In fact that is what I am either trying to
      prove or disprove. It's the only entry that makes any sort of sense, but
      unfortunately that also makes Helen rather old when she was having children,
      so I'm not sure what to think.

      Thanks for taking the time! :>
      Samantha

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2002
        Hi Samantha, sorry I could not be of more help. I'll try and get into
        the Dundee Library and see what I can find for you. There are a few
        records of gravestones and inscriptions,but not many. Dundee and
        District is full if Churches with graveyards, and not all have been
        recorded. I know there is a book/index on Balgay Cemetary.

        I suppose it could be possible that Helen B. had her children late in
        life, who knows. Also, there could be a mistake in the OPR. online,
        this sometimes happens, or her birth might not have been recorded.
        This was also quite common in the 19/18th century. Regards, Dorothy