Re: [scots-origins] searching my parents family history

  • Mark Allen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
      Hi Sue,

      Your query caught my eye because I live not far from Stonehaven in
      Inverbervie in fact just along the coast. I looked up the Mitchells because
      I know there are just loads of them in Stonehaven and I think I could have
      found something interesting for you.

      This lot comes from Ancestry.com looking at Ancestry World Tree and running
      a search for Thomas Burns Mitchell. One entry came up as the son - but bear
      with me and I'll list the others first:-

      (Father )Thomas Mitchell B. 6 May 1838 Coullie, Fordoun, Kincardineshire
      (Mother) Mary Rankin Nicol

      (son) Thomas Mitchell B. 27 Jan 1869 Fetteresso, Stonehaven D. 1968
      Stonehaven.
      (married) Eliza Edwards Taylor B. ABT 1875 married 6 June 1900 at Dunnottar.

      (children)
      Ethel Margaret Mitchell; Eliza Mitchell;
      Thomas Burns Mitchell; James Mitchell; John Taylor Mitchell.

      In fact it will probably be worth your while taking a look yourself because
      there are heaps of Mitchells all around the Fetteresso area or even get in
      touch with the guy who has compiled this (e-mail address is at top of page).

      I hope I helped.

      Lisa.