searching my parents family history

  • Sue Rason
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      If anyone has any information about the Mitchell family -Stonehaven
      Gordon family - Dufftown
      I am continuing the search of my family
      Father - Thomas Burns Mitchell
      Mother Margaret Mary Mitchell (nee Gordon)
      Please contact me
      Sue

    • Mark Allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
        Hi Sue,

        Your query caught my eye because I live not far from Stonehaven in
        Inverbervie in fact just along the coast. I looked up the Mitchells because
        I know there are just loads of them in Stonehaven and I think I could have
        found something interesting for you.

        This lot comes from Ancestry.com looking at Ancestry World Tree and running
        a search for Thomas Burns Mitchell. One entry came up as the son - but bear
        with me and I'll list the others first:-

        (Father )Thomas Mitchell B. 6 May 1838 Coullie, Fordoun, Kincardineshire
        (Mother) Mary Rankin Nicol

        (son) Thomas Mitchell B. 27 Jan 1869 Fetteresso, Stonehaven D. 1968
        Stonehaven.
        (married) Eliza Edwards Taylor B. ABT 1875 married 6 June 1900 at Dunnottar.

        (children)
        Ethel Margaret Mitchell; Eliza Mitchell;
        Thomas Burns Mitchell; James Mitchell; John Taylor Mitchell.

        In fact it will probably be worth your while taking a look yourself because
        there are heaps of Mitchells all around the Fetteresso area or even get in
        touch with the guy who has compiled this (e-mail address is at top of page).

        I hope I helped.

        Lisa.
        > If anyone has any information about the Mitchell family -Stonehaven
        > Gordon family - Dufftown
        > I am continuing the search of my family
        > Father - Thomas Burns Mitchell
        > Mother Margaret Mary Mitchell (nee Gordon)
        > Please contact me
        > Sue

        ---