Re: [scots-origins] microfiche reader

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hi

      Some microfiche readers are capable of having an adapter fitted which will
      permit the reading of microfilm. I have one but not the adapter which is
      quite expensive.

    • Pat Spence
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2002
        For anyone interested it was possible in Australia some years back to buy an
        adapter rod which enables film to be read in a fiche reader. I purchased and
        still use one which was fairly expensive (some 15 years ago) at about $170
        Australian dollars. The fiche reader is a brand called North West Microfilm.
        It does not have the same versatility as a dedicated film reader and is
        perhaps a little awkward when I don't have a selection of magnification lens
        to choose from. But none the less it has been extremely valuable
        permitting me to use the reels of the NSW Old Parish Registers from the
        State Archives. Hope this info helps.
        Pat