Lesslie and Watson of Dundee

  • elaine rathmann
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 8:04 AM
      Hello, list-

      I, too, have just started my overseas research and am not sure of protocol.
      I was wondering if anyone could help with the following:

      My 3rd ggrand uncle was Edward LESSLIE, stationer and druggist, who m Grace
      WATSON abt 1805-1810. Both were natives of Dundee. They had several
      children, the two known children were: Charles, b June 17, 1811 and James,
      ca. 1810. Abt. 1822 the family migrated to York (now Toronto), Canada. In
      1838-1839 Charles and James emigrated to the US. Charles came to Iowa where
      he was a pioneer settler in Davenport and became that city's first stationer
      and druggist. Any information on this family greatly appreciated!

      Elaine