Re: [scots-origins] e mails

  • Mathieson Family
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2001
      Dear Ian,
      Same with me????
      Researching....Matheson, Nicholson and Mc Kinnon..Isle of Skye.
      Regards, Rob Mathieson..Tatura. Aussie.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2001
        Hi Ian

        It looks like it as I have not had any since 27th April. The last message
        listed in the archive is number 15559 which is one I sent.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2001
          Hi Rob

          I am not sure to which Ian you were replying but I noticed in your message
          that you are researching McKinnon, Mathieson and Nicolson in the Isle of
          Skye. My late wife's mother was a MacLeod from Digg (Stenscholl), Staffin but
          in her ancestors there is a Chirsty Nicolson Born around 1821 and Died in
          1879. She was married to Donald MacLeod.
          Their grandson Murdo MacLeod (B. 1886) married a Morag McKinnon.
          Unfortunately, I do not have any further information at the present time.

          Ian A C Scott
        • ScotHeritage@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2001
            In a message dated 04/05/01 1:43:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
            mclean12@... writes:

            << Is there a problem with Scots Origin as I do not seem to be getting
            any e mails with the postings.

            Ian McLean

            We are hiding on you. LOL
            Dave MacLean
          • scottish3gen@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2001
              Hello Ian- You are always so helpful toeveryone. Could I ask you if you have
              access to Scotland's census for 1851? I was on LDS and have printouts of
              William Alexander's that could be my GGG Grandfather but out of all of them
              there wasn't one that was married to a Janet Thomson that was born in
              Edinburgh. William was from Glasgow. I have posted and asked help from anyone
              that might be able to help me but so far no one has. Can you? It would be
              very helpful for me. I'm stuck. They came to America prior to the Civil War
              1861-1864 because he was in the Civil War and had one child Hector born while
              he was in the war in 1862. I'm trying to find the Scotland connection and
              have already filled out and sent forms to the National Archives in Washington
              D.C.. Thanks for listening.

              Jacky From Brooklyn, NY USA

              Message 6 of 8 , May 9, 2001
                Hi Jacky

                I do not know if your message was addressed towards myself but I regret to
                say that I do not have access to the 1851 Census other than the 2% extract. I
                have searched that using the name Willam Alexander with Scotland as the birth
                country and Glasgow as the place of birth but it did not come up with
                anything at all. I hope someone else may prove more informative.