e mails

  • mclean12@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2001
      Is there a problem with Scots Origin as I do not seem to be getting
      any e mails with the postings.

      Ian McLean
    • Mathieson Family
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2001
        Dear Ian,
        Same with me????
        Researching....Matheson, Nicholson and Mc Kinnon..Isle of Skye.
        Regards, Rob Mathieson..Tatura. Aussie.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2001
          Hi Ian

          It looks like it as I have not had any since 27th April. The last message
          listed in the archive is number 15559 which is one I sent.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2001
            Hi Rob

            I am not sure to which Ian you were replying but I noticed in your message
            that you are researching McKinnon, Mathieson and Nicolson in the Isle of
            Skye. My late wife's mother was a MacLeod from Digg (Stenscholl), Staffin but
            in her ancestors there is a Chirsty Nicolson Born around 1821 and Died in
            1879. She was married to Donald MacLeod.
            Their grandson Murdo MacLeod (B. 1886) married a Morag McKinnon.
            Unfortunately, I do not have any further information at the present time.

            Ian A C Scott
          • ScotHeritage@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2001
              In a message dated 04/05/01 1:43:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
              mclean12@... writes:

              << Is there a problem with Scots Origin as I do not seem to be getting
              any e mails with the postings.

              Ian McLean

              We are hiding on you. LOL
              Dave MacLean
            • scottish3gen@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 8, 2001
                Hello Ian- You are always so helpful toeveryone. Could I ask you if you have
                access to Scotland's census for 1851? I was on LDS and have printouts of
                William Alexander's that could be my GGG Grandfather but out of all of them
                there wasn't one that was married to a Janet Thomson that was born in
                Edinburgh. William was from Glasgow. I have posted and asked help from anyone
                that might be able to help me but so far no one has. Can you? It would be
                very helpful for me. I'm stuck. They came to America prior to the Civil War
                1861-1864 because he was in the Civil War and had one child Hector born while
                he was in the war in 1862. I'm trying to find the Scotland connection and
                have already filled out and sent forms to the National Archives in Washington
                D.C.. Thanks for listening.

                Jacky From Brooklyn, NY USA

                Message 7 of 8 , May 9, 2001
                  Hi Jacky

                  I do not know if your message was addressed towards myself but I regret to
                  say that I do not have access to the 1851 Census other than the 2% extract. I
                  have searched that using the name Willam Alexander with Scotland as the birth
                  country and Glasgow as the place of birth but it did not come up with
                  anything at all. I hope someone else may prove more informative.