Re: [scots-origins] WALLACETOWN / WATTSTON

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2001
      Hi

      The information Alex Paterson has given is correct but the graveyards at
      Glenmavis were/are known as New Monkland. The Church near them is New
      Monkland Church. Although I suspect that both graveyards will now be within
      the control of Lanarkshire North Council it was the case at one time that the
      part serving Wattston, Greengairs and other villages in that area of
      Lanarkshire and under the control of Lanarkshire County Council was known as
      New Monkland Landward. My late wife's parents who lived in Luggiebank
      (another of the villages) are both buried there.

      Ian A C Scott
    • MCSlawosky@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2001
        An aside from this - am trying to locate Campbell family history. My mother
        was named Ann Paterson (middle name). I wonder if there is a connection to
        Alan Paterson? Mother's full name was Ann Paterson Steedman - her uncle was
        Postmaster in Edinburgh around 1900 or so. Anybody out there have any info?

        Mary Campbell Slawosky (nee Scott)