census

  • The Fergusons
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 28, 2001
      Margaret
      could you look on the 1881 and see if you can find and Alexander Smart or a David Smart? Thank you angel@...

    • Douglas Biggs
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 10, 2001
        can someone check on the census 1881 aberdeen for mary ritchie and adam or
        alexander hay thanks

      • Margaret McCreadie
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 16, 2001
          Hi Glenn I have the 1881 census and if you give me first names and approx
          ages and a place in Scotland I will have alook for you

          Margaret alberta Canada
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 16, 2001
            Douglas: Could you give me some idea of their dob/ages? There are 20 Mary
            Ritchies listed in Aberdeen, 37 Alexander Hay in Aberdeen and for Adam Hay,
            I have found two in Aberdeen. The first is Adam Hay age 68 born in Turriff -
            a master tailor. His wife Margaret listed as age 66 born in Banff and their
            residence is given as 9 Skene Row, Aberdeen, Old Macher. The second Adam Hay
            is the ten year old son of John (age 46) a sexton born at Culsalmond and
            Helen also age 46 born in Aberdeen. Their address is listed as 8 Kintore
            Place, Aberdeen, Old Machar. Adam has nine siblings, but none of them is
            named Alexander. But, perhaps you are not looking for Alex. and Adam as
            brothers? If any of this is of interest, I can let you have the FHL film and
            GRO #'s. However, if you can supply me with some dates, it would help to
            narrow the search. Best wishes, Ann. jim&ann@...
            > can someone check on the census 1881 aberdeen for mary ritchie and adam
            or
            > alexander hay thanks

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • The Fergusons
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 26 10:24 AM
              Maize

              I am really lost trying to find a Alexander or David Smart. I believe that he would be alive in 1886. I have no idea of the parish or town. Much thanks and hopes. 2angel@... USA Delores Smart

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 20, 2003
                Hi all
                Can anyone tell me were to get (buy) census's for Scotland on disc that are any good
                thanks
                Jim