Re: familysearch.org

  • Dutchess
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi
      I go to that site almost everyday & I have never had a problem
      bring it up.
      Dutchess (smile)

      -- In scots-origins@y..., "Wendi Gunn" <lumin@q...> wrote:
      > I was there last night.
      > Wendi

    • Duncan Murchie
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
        hello everyone, this is my first time on this group.

        Can anyone tell me about reasons for name changes and the reason for it ?
        My family name is Murchie but I have found the Murphy name in my tree.
        Murchie and Murphy sound similar of course but if anyone can tell me
        something about this phenomenon I'd be very grateful.
        The Murchie clan seem to centre on the Island of Arran on the West Coast of
        Scotland, just of Ayrshire. The Murphys, of course, are of Irish origin.

        regards

        Duncan Murchie
      • Dorothy Nicassio
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
          Thanks Wendi,
          I was able to access it by last night with no problem...Dorothy