Edinburgh University eary 1800

  • Linda Sprenger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      Looking for information of a student named William Scott, said to
      have graduated from this school. He is my 3rd generation grandfather
      and this message was written on the back of his picture. No date that
      I know of at this time, only that he married Elizabeth Kerr, from
      Washington County, Pennsylvania, USA, in 1821. His son, David S.,
      born 1824, Bucks County, Pa. His 3 daughters, Susanna 1834, Mary
      1837, and Jane 1841. What would be the first place to go for
      information in the list of graduates, at that time?? I can be
      reached at pounce50@..., please use the name "Scott" in the
      subject line, thank you. Linda Sprenger
    • David Matthew
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        Linda

        Looking for information of a student named William Scott, said to
        > have graduated from this school. He is my 3rd generation grandfather
        > and this message was written on the back of his picture. No date that
        > I know of at this time, only that he married Elizabeth Kerr, from
        > Washington County, Pennsylvania, USA, in 1821. His son, David S.,
        > born 1824, Bucks County, Pa. His 3 daughters, Susanna 1834, Mary
        > 1837, and Jane 1841. What would be the first place to go for
        > information in the list of graduates, at that time?? I can be
        > reached at pounce50@..., please use the name "Scott" in the
        > subject line, thank you. Linda Sprenger

        The University registers of students would be published, so I would try a
        good library.