      God Bless an independent Scotland!

      Donald R MacLeod
      nova.don@...

      On 2014-06-11, 8:38 AM, Maguire Kaethe kaethe@... [scots-origins] wrote:

      yes, 1745, Culloden, was the final blow for the clans and the Catholic Jacobites.

       Kaethe O. Maguire
      kaethe@...

      On Jun 10, 2014, at 11:16 AM, Liliardsedge@... [scots-origins] <scots-origins@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      There were a whole bunch of postings on this subject about a year ago.

      A balance view would be that Jacobites who followed Bonnie Prince Charlie were Traitors to the new Combined Kingdom, there aim was
      to reestablish Catholicism and maintain the old clan system.
      Don't forget there was another rebellion in 1715 where the participants were treated , for the time lightly,. The majority of Scots people did not support either rebellion.

      Angus

      While this suggestion is a series of novels, I think the authors historical research is excellent and I certainly felt I knew a lot more about the Jacobites after reading all of Diana Gabaldon's books. The first in the series is The Outlander.

      On 2014-03-27, at 8:56 AM, 'loucook' loucook51@... [scots-origins] wrote:

      I would like to read more about the Jacobites. Any suggestions?

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic