40506Re: [scots-origins] Records for Caithness 1750-1775 HELP

  • Marcia Zeigler
    Dec 5, 2013
      There are two people named Manson on the ship Marlborough from the Orkneys into Savannah Georgia Dec 1775.  my ancestor William Manson b.13 Nov 1750 according to a letter he dictated when he was 82  and a woman named Jannet...who later marries Francis Sutherland who is also on that same ship.   They all signed loan documents together and lived near each other for most of their early lives in America.

      I think Jannet may be William's sister or cousin.

      William and his wife Elizabeth Sinclair have a child Sinclair Manson born 1778  just before Elizabeth dies in America.

      Marcia

      On Dec 5, 2013, at 7:12 AM, <dfboath@...> <dfboath@...> wrote:

      I have the records of monumental inscriptions of Caithness pre 1855 in Volume 1 it covers Dunnet and there are a number of Manson burials recorded. However throughout the area there are a lot of other Manson burials. This could give you an idea of family names etc.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic