    Dec 4, 2013
      My ancestor left Scotland in 1775...these census begin 1850's

      marcia

      On Dec 3, 2013, at 5:58 PM, Brandy Burton-Tarantino <b2t@...> wrote:

      Have you searched the FREECEN CAI entries? Looks like all of 1771 is online now :)
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caithness/

      On Tue, 12/3/13, Marcia Zeigler <mszig1120@...> wrote:

      Subject: Re: [scots-origins] Records for Caithness 1750-1775 HELP
      To: scots-origins@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 11:39 AM

      William Manson with wife Elizabeth Sinclair

      On Dec 2, 2013, at 8:54 AM, Brenda MacCulloch <ajmac@...> wrote:

      Marcia,what is your Ancestor's name

      cheers Brenda Hamilton,

      New ZealandOn 2/12/2013, at 12:27 PM,

      Marcia Zeigler wrote:

        My ancestor declares that he
      was born in the "northern shires of Caithness" 13
      Nov 1750 and was a weaver in Dunnet before coming to America
      in the late Fall of 1775 into Savannah Georgia with wife
      Elizabeth Sinclair, also born 1750.
      I have searched the OPR and haven't found a definitive
      birth record. Are there other records or place I could
      possibly search to discover his family? I have no other
      information about him, except a passenger list that shows
      him sailing with other people also named Manson Jannet,
      Margaret, etc.

      Thank you for your help.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic