40456Re: Isobel McANDREW

  • kiwiken41
    Sep 5 7:38 PM
      Hi Maggie,

      This is an update on my query lodged in July.

      About a month ago now I emailed the Rev Alan McKean at the address specified for the Rosemarkie Parish Church. Unfortuanately I have NOT received any reply or acknowledgement to my request for the details of when my 3xg grandmother Isobel McAndrew died.

      I am now at a bit of a loss as to where to look. Any options you or other listers may have would be greatly appreciated.

      Many Thanks
      Ken May

      --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, scots-origins-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Hi Ken
      >
      > Please let us know whatever - would be interested to know either way.
      >
      > Maggie Loughran
      >

      > --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, "r_k_may" <kenjeanmay@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thank you Maggie
      > >
      > > I have contacted the Rev Alan McKean at the Rosemarkie Parish Church and will hopefully receive a fruitful reply. If I receive a favorable reply I will post the info on this site so that others who are searching for Isobella McAndrew will be able to access the details.
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Ken May
      > >
      > > --- In scots-origins@yahoogroups.com, scots-origins-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Ken
      > > >
      > > > Have you tried contacting the cemetery - as they should have full details for everyone buried in that grave - as well as a general register of people buried by date within the cemetery. Once you have a date you can then contact GROS Scotland to get them to do a proper search or you can contact the local registrar (where the death was registered) as the death registration could have got 'lost' during the indexing process & thus appear in the local but not national indexes.
      > > >
      > > > Maggie Loughran

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic