40451Scott origins Coomes McLaughlin connection

  • patience
    Aug 10, 2013
      Hello list, I see a marriage of James Coomes and Margaret McLaughlin in
      Baltimore, Maryland, US. Our Comes dna shows a connection to the
      McLaughlin line. We are hoping this marriage is the brick wall that has
      puzzled us for many years.

      Our Coomes story is that our immigrant ancester and father of James T.
      Coomes was lost at sea sometime after about 1816-17. We find Margaret
      Coomes living as head of household later. Our great grandfather James
      T. Coomes went to sea in search of his father at some point. Failing he
      returned to find his mother and siblings gone, apparantly moved. James
      migrated south into SW Virginia where our American roots are seated.
      We are trying to find our roots farther back. and hopefully this is our
      connection. We would appreciate any help if anyone has heard of this.
      It seems like there were others lost at see as well. We have no dates
      nor the name of the ship.
      Patience Northern.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic