Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

0-38 Start!

Expand Messages
  • Ray Parizo
    Total rebuild team taking it hard. I knew it would be bad but this is brutal. Now have 4 major league position players and one pitcher not in the minors.I know
    Message 1 of 21 , May 15, 2017
      Total rebuild team taking it hard. I knew it would be bad but this is brutal. Now have 4 major league position players and one pitcher not in the minors.I know it will pay off long term but ugly..
    • Tony Bennett
      That seems almost statistically impossible! On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@yahoo.com ... -- *Tony Bennett* *tb3nn3tt@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 21 , May 15, 2017
        That seems almost statistically impossible!

        On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
         

        Total rebuild team taking it hard. I knew it would be bad but this is brutal. Now have 4 major league position players and one pitcher not in the minors.I know it will pay off long term but ugly..




        --
        Tony Bennett
        405-642-6103
      • han60man
        Ray, please send link to your league
        Message 3 of 21 , May 16, 2017
          Ray, please send link to your league
        • Ray Parizo
          Don t  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143 On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, Han60Man@aol.com [scoresheet-talk]
          Message 4 of 21 , May 16, 2017
            Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



            On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


             
            Ray, please send link to your league


          • Tony Bennett
            http://www.scoresheet.com/FOR_WWW/NL_Sandlot_143.htm No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!! -7.34 run
            Message 5 of 21 , May 16, 2017

              No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

              -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

              On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
               

              Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



              On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:


               
              Ray, please send link to your league





              --
              Tony Bennett
              405-642-6103
            • slouch13
              and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down! In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 21 , May 16, 2017
                and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down!
                 
                In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:
                 


                No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

                -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

                On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                 

                Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



                On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:


                 
                Ray, please send link to your league





                --
                Tony Bennett
                405-642-6103

              • Kobe80Moss
                I understand rebuilding but being 0-38 when you don t have any major leaguers, to me, is not overly surprising. 2012 I was rebuilding two teams and had 10+
                Message 7 of 21 , May 16, 2017
                  I understand rebuilding but being 0-38 when you don't have any major leaguers, to me, is not overly surprising. 

                  2012 I was rebuilding two teams and had 10+ prospects on both teams and happen to get lucky and both teams got hot in September and grabbed the last playoff spot. Both teams somehow ended up winning. I don't think I could in good Conscience not put out a team that at least has a chance to win a game. I would hate to be a team fighting for a playoff spot and the other team going for the spot is playing a team that isn't trying to put a team on the field. But that's me.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On May 16, 2017, at 10:13 PM, rb34tn@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                   

                  and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down!
                   
                  In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:
                   


                  No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

                  -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

                  On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                   

                  Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



                  On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:


                   
                  Ray, please send link to your league





                  --
                  Tony Bennett
                  405-642-6103

                • Joel Alligood
                  I agree... it s borderline disrespectful to the league to field a team that can t put out a full lineup and pitching staff. Like it was said earlier, I am all
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 17, 2017
                    I agree... it's borderline disrespectful to the league to field a team that can't put out a full lineup and pitching staff. Like it was said earlier, I am all
                    for rebuilding but you also need to find the balance. This is just a case of simply tanking. I would actually like to know what that roster looked like from the day you took it over or drafted it. That would be a curious look through. 



                    Sent with Mailtrack

                    On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Kobe80Moss kobe80moss@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                     

                    I understand rebuilding but being 0-38 when you don't have any major leaguers, to me, is not overly surprising. 

                    2012 I was rebuilding two teams and had 10+ prospects on both teams and happen to get lucky and both teams got hot in September and grabbed the last playoff spot. Both teams somehow ended up winning. I don't think I could in good Conscience not put out a team that at least has a chance to win a game. I would hate to be a team fighting for a playoff spot and the other team going for the spot is playing a team that isn't trying to put a team on the field. But that's me.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On May 16, 2017, at 10:13 PM, rb34tn@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

                     

                    and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down!
                     
                    In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com writes:
                     


                    No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

                    -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

                    On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:
                     

                    Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



                    On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.c om> wrote:


                     
                    Ray, please send link to your league





                    --


                  • JohnRMayne
                    Allow me to retort: It s not disrespectful to rebuild hard. The 0-38 team has clearly been very active, acquiring all the picks in the world and a huge rookie
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 17, 2017
                      Allow me to retort: It's not disrespectful to rebuild hard. The 0-38 team has clearly been very active, acquiring all the picks in the world and a huge rookie group.

                      It's a little annoying, sure, and it unbalances divisions. But you don't want a bad team to stay bad.

                      Danny Breighner Jr. did this a decade back or so and turned his team into a monster by doing so. I've never done so myself - I've tried to stay an annual contender for a very long time - but there are teams where it's the right thing to do.

                      JRM
                    • Dan Wachtell
                      This is an evergreen problem. There are no incentives not to totally tank when rebuilding unless you re in a $$ league that incentivized anything other than
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 17, 2017
                        This is an evergreen problem. There are no incentives not to totally tank when rebuilding unless you're in a $$ league that incentivized anything other than top finishes.  I think all the pearlclutchers are being a bit disingenuous here. 

                        Dan

                        Sent from my iPad

                        On May 17, 2017, at 11:01 AM, jrmayne@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                         

                        Allow me to retort: It's not disrespectful to rebuild hard. The 0-38 team has clearly been very active, acquiring all the picks in the world and a huge rookie group.

                        It's a little annoying, sure, and it unbalances divisions. But you don't want a bad team to stay bad.

                        Danny Breighner Jr. did this a decade back or so and turned his team into a monster by doing so. I've never done so myself - I've tried to stay an annual contender for a very long time - but there are teams where it's the right thing to do.

                        JRM

                      • B F
                        I don t have a problem with it, in large part, because you re tanking from day one. That makes it the same for all opponents. Wins in April matter just as
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 17, 2017

                          I don't have a problem with it, in large part, because you're "tanking" from day one. That makes it the same for all opponents.  Wins in April matter just as much as wins in September. 


                          On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:58 AM Joel Alligood purehonestcountry@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                           

                          I agree... it's borderline disrespectful to the league to field a team that can't put out a full lineup and pitching staff. Like it was said earlier, I am all
                          for rebuilding but you also need to find the balance. This is just a case of simply tanking. I would actually like to know what that roster looked like from the day you took it over or drafted it. That would be a curious look through. 



                          Sent with Mailtrack


                          On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Kobe80Moss kobe80moss@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                           

                          I understand rebuilding but being 0-38 when you don't have any major leaguers, to me, is not overly surprising. 

                          2012 I was rebuilding two teams and had 10+ prospects on both teams and happen to get lucky and both teams got hot in September and grabbed the last playoff spot. Both teams somehow ended up winning. I don't think I could in good Conscience not put out a team that at least has a chance to win a game. I would hate to be a team fighting for a playoff spot and the other team going for the spot is playing a team that isn't trying to put a team on the field. But that's me.

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On May 16, 2017, at 10:13 PM, rb34tn@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                           

                          and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down!
                           
                          In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:
                           


                          No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

                          -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

                          On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                           

                          Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



                          On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                           
                          Ray, please send link to your league





                          --


                        • Richard
                          And remember it takes two to tango. All those that made the deals and aquired the players knew what he was doing. They did not complain about reaping the
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 17, 2017
                            And remember it takes two to tango. All those that made the deals and aquired the players knew what he was doing. They did not complain about reaping the rewards of the deals. Kinda hard to complain afterwards. 

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On May 17, 2017, at 11:05 AM, B F blizzard093@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                             


                            I don't have a problem with it, in large part, because you're "tanking" from day one. That makes it the same for all opponents.  Wins in April matter just as much as wins in September. 


                            On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:58 AM Joel Alligood purehonestcountry@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                             

                            I agree... it's borderline disrespectful to the league to field a team that can't put out a full lineup and pitching staff. Like it was said earlier, I am all
                            for rebuilding but you also need to find the balance. This is just a case of simply tanking. I would actually like to know what that roster looked like from the day you took it over or drafted it. That would be a curious look through. 



                            Sent with Mailtrack


                            On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Kobe80Moss kobe80moss@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                             

                            I understand rebuilding but being 0-38 when you don't have any major leaguers, to me, is not overly surprising. 

                            2012 I was rebuilding two teams and had 10+ prospects on both teams and happen to get lucky and both teams got hot in September and grabbed the last playoff spot. Both teams somehow ended up winning. I don't think I could in good Conscience not put out a team that at least has a chance to win a game. I would hate to be a team fighting for a playoff spot and the other team going for the spot is playing a team that isn't trying to put a team on the field. But that's me.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On May 16, 2017, at 10:13 PM, rb34tn@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                             

                            and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down!
                             
                            In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com writes:
                             


                            No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

                            -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

                            On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                             

                            Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143



                            On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                             
                            Ray, please send link to your league





                            --


                          • Tony Bennett
                            I m on JRM s side on this one... it sucks for the opposite division, since it likely swings which side will have the wildcard, but it s best thing for his team
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 17, 2017
                              I'm on JRM's side on this one... it sucks for the opposite division, since it likely swings which side will have the wildcard, but it's best thing for his team (and this stuff is cyclical)... I would much rather have a team in my league willing to sell off all current assets rather than a team that has a handful of guys who could swing playoff races but refuses to sell and goes 81-81 for a decade.

                              On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:01 AM, jrmayne@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                               

                              Allow me to retort: It's not disrespectful to rebuild hard. The 0-38 team has clearly been very active, acquiring all the picks in the world and a huge rookie group.

                              It's a little annoying, sure, and it unbalances divisions. But you don't want a bad team to stay bad.

                              Danny Breighner Jr. did this a decade back or so and turned his team into a monster by doing so. I've never done so myself - I've tried to stay an annual contender for a very long time - but there are teams where it's the right thing to do.

                              JRM




                              --
                              Tony Bennett
                              405-642-6103
                            • Ray Parizo
                              Great to hear thoughts on this. I like my plan but I hadn t taken into the realities of my plan. It does effect  my league but so far not adversely  and they
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 17, 2017
                                Great to hear thoughts on this. I like my plan but I hadn't taken into the realities of my plan. It does effect  my league but so far not adversely  and they have been supportive. I think I will be more responsible next year however..love hearing the pros and cons.. I had a great run over the years winning 6 titles but my team had run its course. Had a ton of fun trading though but being 0-38 is more than I would want to go through again.  Our fans are wearing bags over their heads and adendance is down..


                                On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:01 AM, "jrmayne@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                                 
                                Allow me to retort: It's not disrespectful to rebuild hard. The 0-38 team has clearly been very active, acquiring all the picks in the world and a huge rookie group.

                                It's a little annoying, sure, and it unbalances divisions. But you don't want a bad team to stay bad.

                                Danny Breighner Jr. did this a decade back or so and turned his team into a monster by doing so. I've never done so myself - I've tried to stay an annual contender for a very long time - but there are teams where it's the right thing to do.

                                JRM


                              • utl1994
                                Back in 2008 there was a BL Team called Team AAA that went the entire season with nothing but AAA players. It went 1-161. I would have hated to be the team
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 20, 2017
                                  Back in 2008 there was a BL Team called "Team AAA" that went the entire season with nothing but AAA players.  It went 1-161.  I would have hated to be the team that lost to it.
                                • Ray Parizo
                                  wow 1-161! I m pretty sure I ll improve on that as some prospects have moved up and more will follow. By August I could possibly field a line-up and have 5
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 20, 2017
                                    wow 1-161! I'm pretty sure I'll improve on that as some prospects have moved up and more will follow. By August I could possibly field a line-up and have 5 pitchers.


                                    On Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:40 AM, "utl1994@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                                     
                                    Back in 2008 there was a BL Team called "Team AAA" that went the entire season with nothing but AAA players.  It went 1-161.  I would have hated to be the team that lost to it.


                                  • Steve Belmont
                                    I really want to see the box score of the lone win Sent from my iPhone
                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 20, 2017
                                      I really want to see the box score of the lone win

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      On May 20, 2017, at 8:31 AM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                       

                                      wow 1-161! I'm pretty sure I'll improve on that as some prospects have moved up and more will follow. By August I could possibly field a line-up and have 5 pitchers.


                                      On Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:40 AM, "utl1994@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                                       
                                      Back in 2008 there was a BL Team called "Team AAA" that went the entire season with nothing but AAA players.  It went 1-161.  I would have hated to be the team that lost to it.


                                    • utl1994
                                      Ray, just so you know you have company now at 0-44. There is a team in NL Patriot that is matching you loss for loss.
                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 23, 2017
                                        Ray, just so you know you have company now at 0-44.  There is a team in NL Patriot that is matching you loss for loss.
                                      • Joel Alligood
                                        Not only is that team 0-44; there s very little help in sight LOL On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:04 PM, utl1994@gmail.com [scoresheet-talk]
                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 23, 2017
                                          Not only is that team 0-44; there's very little help in sight LOL

                                          On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:04 PM, utl1994@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                           

                                          Ray, just so you know you have company now at 0-44.  There is a team in NL Patriot that is matching you loss for loss.


                                        • Ray Parizo
                                          Thanks, will check it out! On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:04 PM, utl1994@gmail.com [scoresheet-talk] wrote:   Ray, just so
                                          Message 20 of 21 , May 24, 2017
                                            Thanks, will check it out!


                                            On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:04 PM, "utl1994@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                                             
                                            Ray, just so you know you have company now at 0-44.  There is a team in NL Patriot that is matching you loss for loss.


                                          • Ray Parizo
                                            Surprised they didn t pull one out however... On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:57 AM, Ray Parizo accudart1@yahoo.com [scoresheet-talk]
                                            Message 21 of 21 , May 24, 2017
                                              Surprised they didn't pull one out however...


                                              On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:57 AM, "Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                                               
                                              Thanks, will check it out!


                                              On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:04 PM, "utl1994@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


                                               
                                              Ray, just so you know you have company now at 0-44.  There is a team in NL Patriot that is matching you loss for loss.




                                            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.