112679Re: ## Re: 0-38 Start!

  • Rich Gonnello
    May 18, 2017
      I'm not so sure. There was a time I think when Bud Norris was basically the best or maybe highest paid guy on the Astros. Or at least that's how I remember it. Probably hyperbole as now that I think of it maybe Altuve was there at the time who was being paid less no doubt.

      On May 18, 2017, at 9:20 AM, Kevin Cremin kevin_cremin@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I'm not sure it's the best way to do it, but I don't have anything against completely tanking. But people sometimes like to point out ways in which SS is different from real life, and this seems like one of them.  In real life, Ray's team's fans, city government, season ticket holders, TV and radio rights holders, and the players' union (among others) would be crucifying him.  An obvious point maybe, but the real life constraints on complete tanking are not present in SS.

      On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Richard rlandry010@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      And remember it takes two to tango. All those that made the deals and aquired the players knew what he was doing. They did not complain about reaping the rewards of the deals. Kinda hard to complain afterwards.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 17, 2017, at 11:05 AM, B F blizzard093@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

      I don't have a problem with it, in large part, because you're "tanking" from day one. That makes it the same for all opponents.  Wins in April matter just as much as wins in September.

      On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:58 AM Joel Alligood purehonestcountry@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

      I agree... it's borderline disrespectful to the league to field a team that can't put out a full lineup and pitching staff. Like it was said earlier, I am all
      for rebuilding but you also need to find the balance. This is just a case of simply tanking. I would actually like to know what that roster looked like from the day you took it over or drafted it. That would be a curious look through.

      Sent with Mailtrack

      On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Kobe80Moss kobe80moss@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

      I understand rebuilding but being 0-38 when you don't have any major leaguers, to me, is not overly surprising.

      2012 I was rebuilding two teams and had 10+ prospects on both teams and happen to get lucky and both teams got hot in September and grabbed the last playoff spot. Both teams somehow ended up winning. I don't think I could in good Conscience not put out a team that at least has a chance to win a game. I would hate to be a team fighting for a playoff spot and the other team going for the spot is playing a team that isn't trying to put a team on the field. But that's me.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 16, 2017, at 10:13 PM, rb34tn@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

      and won the league 3 times before tearing the team down!

      In a message dated 5/16/2017 10:39:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com writes:

      No joke... an 0-38 haha... that might be more impressive than something like 30-8!!

      -7.34 run differential... PER GAME!!

      On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Ray Parizo accudart1@... [scoresheet-talk] <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

      Don't  know how to copy and paste but I am team 6 in Sandlot 143

      On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:09 PM, "Han60Man@... [scoresheet-talk]" <scoresheet-talk@yahoogroups. com> wrote:

      Ray, please send link to your league