The Big Broadcast of 1954 - October 19-21, 26-28, 30 at the Regent Theater, Arlington, MA

  • Emma Lathan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2011
      Join the Post-Meridian Radio Players this October for The Big Broadcast of
      1954: Featuring Frank Cyrano�s Byfar Hour and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow!

      Travel back to 1954 with the comedy and variety stylings of the Byfar Hour
      featuring Frank Cyrano, Amelia Adams, Charley Kendall, Jenny Brennan and the
      gang! This halloween Frank Cyrano meets Katherine Hepburn with hilarious
      results!

      Then settle back as we present the classic Washington Irving tale,' The
      Legend of Sleepy Hollow!' Adapted by Roy Sallows (But Oh, What Happened to
      Hutchings!), our version of Sleepy Hollow is guaranteed to leave you looking
      over your shoulder on the way home. Boston-band Jaggery provides the music
      for the creepy tale.

      The Big Broadcast of 1954 is staging seven performances this year at the
      Regent Theatre:

      Wednesday Oct. 19
      Thursday Oct. 20
      Friday Oct. 21
      Wednesday Oct. 26
      Thursday Oct. 27
      Friday Oct. 28
      Sunday Oct. 30

      All shows start at 8pm and are 2 hours long.

      The Big Broadcast of 1954 is the premiere performance of the national Sleepy
      Hollow: Ride Across America project. Four cities, four different horseman,
      one Halloween. Visit www.sleepyhollow2011.com for more information about the
      Sleepy Hollow: Ride Across America project.

      Tickets are $20.00 regular price and $12.00 for seniors and students.
      Tickets can be purchased online and at the box office of the Regent
      Theatre: http://www.regenttheatre.com/tickets_events

      For more information about the Big Broadcast of 1954, visit bb1954.pmrp.org.

      --
      "When we started skating, we had no role models in Poland to follow, we just
      had a wish."
      -- Zagorska and Siudek, 1999 World Bronze medalist-figure skating pair from
      Poland
      Always remember Ferengi Rule of Acquisition Number 76: Every once in a
      while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
      - Quark (Deep Space Nine)
      "I had forgotten that men could not see unicorns. Just because they cannot
      see them does not mean they do not exist."
      - The Unicorn (The Last Unicorn)
      "Sometimes I think the universe just waits for me to get cocky."
      - Egon (The Real Ghostbusters cartoon)
      "A man is as happy as he makes up his mind to be."
      - Abraham Lincoln
      "Please try to understand before one of us dies..."
      - John Cleese as Basil Fawlty
      "Killing you is on our to do list. Please be polite and wait your turn. "
      - The Game Operation Division
      "I'm not going there to die. I just need to know if I was ever really
      alive."
      - Spike (Cowboy Bebop)