New Guy

  • votomguy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2007
      Well I'm sort of new. I remember this groups some 7 or 8 years ago,
      but I kind of got side tracked as well as getting busy with other
      things. I don't get to watch or even read as much scifi as I would
      like. I mostly watch old anime mostly mecha like Gasaraki, 08th Ms
      Team, VOTOMS (getting a theme here.)

      Anywho, I've kind of migrated into miniatures gaming (real gaming
      that video game stuff doesn't count). From my experience, there are
      very few blacks that are into that kind of stuff. I'm assuming it's
      mostly due to a combination exposure, time, and cost. I'm currently
      playing <a href="http://www.dp9.com/Worlds/HG.htm">Heavy Gear</a>.
      I'm currently working on an armored division based on the 761st Tank
      Battalion. Also, a friend as also talked me into playing <a
      href="http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm">Warhammer
      40k. I'm doing a Imperial Guard base on the 92nd Infantry Division
      (circa WWII).

      As for scifi on tv, for right now it's all about Stargate: Atlantis.
      I still enjoy SG1, but the turn in the storyline is a little hard to
      keep track of (they should have left the Gould alone).

      As for what I'm reading, other then the occasional gaming book,
      unfortunately I'm haven't been reading much. Although I was reading
      Starfist and Hammer's Slammers. I kind of have a thing for military
      scifi books and even do a some writing myself. Anywho, it's good to
      be back. --Jason

      ps:- A friend's sister just published a scifi book based on life on
      Saturn's largest moon, Titan. It looks pretty interesting. Would it
      be alright if I posted the link.