Copy of: Copy of: Copyof: Addendum Biology Poems/Songs Cassette and Book

  • James W. Dixon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2000
      ---------- Forwarded Message ----------

      From: James W. Dixon, 105201,1017
      TO: Richard Dawson, INTERNET:DikoDawson@... & OTHERS
      I HAVE 2 NEW OFFERINGS FROM ENGLAND-'BIOLOGY' AND 'HUMAN BIO.'
      EACH HAS 80 PAGES,TEACHING NOTES, AND ORIGINAL CD-$25.00 PER BOOK &SH.

      RE: Copy of: Copyof: Addendum Biology Poems/Songs Cassette and Book

      From:JimDixon@...
      JimDixon
      150BurrageRoad
      Concord,NC28025

      DearRichard: My book is made of 120 rhyming poems, 48 of which are parodies
      of know 60-80's tunes. Of course rhymes can easily be rapped to personal
      tunes.
      The cassette has 16 songs/raps-Microscope,Plant Growth,Genetics,ATP/ADP,
      Cell Parts,Human Digestion,Bones Rap,Chemical Energy Rap,Diffusion Rap,
      MicroscopeRap and Malaria song- the first six have original keyboard
      background.The 5 new songs added to cassette are:Malaria to the tune of bad
      moon rising; Healthy heart Rap about fatty foods;Diffusion-quartet
      rendition;Photosynthesis seems to be the hardest word to Elton John's Sorry
      Seems To Be The Hardest Word; and Genedrops Keep Falling O My Head about
      sex-linked inheritance. The Table of contents for the book:
      Animals,Protists,Cells,
      Biochemistry,DNA/Genetics,Disease, Evolution,Biotechnology and recent
      reaearch
      publications from The Howard Hughes Medical Institute. LYRICS
      FROM/CASSETTE!
      Samples: MICROBE CELEBRATION-
      MANY SCIENTISTS-LEEUWENHOEK,PASTEUR,KOCH,AND ALFRED HERSHEY,
      LEAD US TO A TRANSFORMING GROUP;
      SUCH AS FRED GRIFFITHS AND O.T.AVERY, WHAT A SCOOP.

      LATER-WATSON,CRICK, WILKINS, AND FRANKLIN,
      DREW DNA'S PICTURE, WILD 'N' CRAZY, WITH MUCH THINKIN.

      THOSE MATCHING BASES-G-C AND A-THYMINE,
      UNLESS AN ACCIDENT, SHOW COMPLEMENTARITY IN LADDER'S CLIMBING.

      NUCLEIC NUCLEOTIDES TRIPLET'S ROAR TO THE RIBOSOME GATE,
      GET TRANSCRIPTION, TRANSLATION,OR REVERSE TRANSCRIPTASE'S FATE.

      TO SHARE DNA, THE MICROBE'S CHOICES MUST MAKE HIM/HER DIZZY;
      ? TO CONJUGATE, TRANSDUCE,TRANSFORM, AND RECOMBINE, LEAVES
      MONERA IN QUITE A TIZZY.

      MICROSCOPE RAP AND"CASSETTE ITEM"

      I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD NEVER SEE,
      A POEM SO LOVELY AS MICROSCOPE TREE,

      A TREE WHOSE OCULAR CAN CLEARLY BE SEEN,
      WITH THE NAKED EYE AND ITS GLEAM.

      THE STAGE OF COURSE, IS A DIFFERENT SCENE,
      CAUSE THAT'S WHERE YOU PUT ALL THE WIGGLY THINGS.

      THE BASE IS THE BOTTOM OF THE OBJECT YOU SEE,
      SO THEREFORE YOU PUT YA HANDS AT THE BOTTOM OF TREE.

      THE BODY TUBE NOW IS A DIFFERENT SOUND,
      IT'S THE THING THAT GOES UP OR DOWN.

      THIS CAN BE DONE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT,
      FOR THE KNOBS ARE PART OF THE WHEREABOUT.

      WE HAVE A THING THAT CURVES A BIT,
      SO CALL THIS THE ARM, TO CARRY IT.

      NOW THERE YOU HAVE IT, ALL DONE AND READY,
      WE CALL THE MICROSCOPE TREE-MONOCULAR STEADY.

      OUR FOCUS MUST CLEAR UP, TO BE EFFECTIVE,
      SO PLEASE US FIRST LOW, THEN HIGH POWER OBJECTIVE.

      IF YOUR VIEW OF YOUR WOOD IS BLURRY,
      THEN OF COURSE, THEN TO FINE ADJUSTMENT HURRY.

      ON LOW WE SEE 100 TIMES THE INCREASED SIZE,
      CHANGE TO HIGH AND 400 TIMES WE REALIZE.

      I would suggest you send a personal check or a school purchase order!
      DNA-
      O, THEY CALL IT THAT WONDROUS D.N.A.,
      IT CONTROLS WHAT YOUR GENES OUGHT TO SAY,
      WHEN IT PLAYS ALL ITS ACES, WE GET DIFFERENT FACES,
      SO PLEASE DON'T MUTATE TODAY.

      ADENINE JOINS WITH THYMINE, GUANINE WITH CYTOSINE,
      MAKING NEW BASEPAIRS JOIN IN A LADDER WAY,
      A-T,GC,TA,CG, SPELL OUT ORGANISMS EVERY DAY.
      IF ONE PAIR SEPARATES, IT PICKS ANOTHER 'N' DUPLICATES,
      SO CELLS ARE MADE IN THIS WAY.

      DNA'S MADE OF 4 KINDS OF MUCLEOTIDES,
      BUT THE RUNGS OF THE LADDER'S DIFFERENT, NOT THE SIDES.
      SUGAR-PHOSPHATE-BASE CONNECTS TO BASE-SUGAR-PHOSPHATE,
      MAKES NUCLEOTIDES FACE TO FACE.

      BASES FACES JOIN A PURINE TO PYRIMIDINE,
      TWO BONDS JOINED OR THREE MAKE A RUNG.
      ANENINE HOOKS TO THYMINE, GUANINE TO CYTOSINE,
      MAKES COMPLEMENTARY BASES IN THAT THUMB

      HOW ARE DIFFERERNT FROM ME?
      ITS CONTROLLED BY BASE COMBINATIONS OF THREE,
      BODY TRAITS ARE CAUSED BY DIFFERENT PROTEINS,
      WHOSE AMINO ACIDS ARE LINKED BY 3 BASES, MAYBE GENES.

      MESSENGER'S URACIL REPLACES THYMINE IN A SINGLE STRAND,
      LEAVES NUCLEUS TO HELP REPAIR YOUR HAND.
      TRANSER'S TRIPLETS JOIN THE MESSENGER COMPLEMINTARY TRIO,
      AS THE 20 PEPTIDE BONDS SNAP TO, IN ME 'O'.

      DIFFUSION-
      MOVEMENT OF MOLECULES FROM HIGH TO LOW
      CAUSES DIFFUSION TO COME AND GO,
      SUGAR AT 5% WILL MOVE TO 2,
      GOES FROM YOU SML INTESTINE INTO YOU.

      DISTILLED WATER AIN'T FROM THE SINK,
      SO IT WON'T CAUSE CELLS TO SHRINK,
      PUT CELLS IN IT'S HIGHER PRESSURE,
      AND WATER GOES IN, SO YOU CAN MEASURE.

      MOLECULES PASS TO AND FRO,
      SIZES ALSO CONTROL WHERE THE GO.
      CELL MEMBRANE OPENINGS PREVENT OR ALLOW,
      WHAT GETS IN OR OUT RIGHT NOW.

      HYPERTONIC SALT WATER AIN'T IN A WELL,
      OCEAN FISH IN IT MIGHT DO SWELL.
      BUT PUT IT ON A FRESH WATER SNAIL,