A Question I need for work; please help

  • chrome_dipped
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
      Hi gang.

      What is the formula for converting Pounds to Liters?

      Q: A Fish net weighs 5000 lbs dry. It is dipped in a pool of paint and
      when dried again, weighs 7000 lbs. The cost of Paint is $10 per liter.

      A: ?.....ahhhhhhh
    • Lance Corey
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2006
        Hi,
        There is not enough information provided in the question for anyone
        to answer it. If this is not the first question of a set of questions,
        the information should be in the previous questions. Otherwise, you
        would need to determine how much is mass is lost when the paint dries
        (like from 10 lbs to 1 lb), the density of the paint (lbs/gal or
        kg/L), or the volume of paint in the pool (since it is unlikely that
        the paint can be used again).
        The question that comes to my mind is 'why would anyone paint a fish
        net?'
        Lance

        --- In sciencehelp@yahoogroups.com, "chrome_dipped" <bad_manager@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi gang.
        >
        > What is the formula for converting Pounds to Liters?
        >
        > Q: A Fish net weighs 5000 lbs dry. It is dipped in a pool of paint
        and
        > when dried again, weighs 7000 lbs. The cost of Paint is $10 per
        liter.

        > A: ?.....ahhhhhhh

      • louie ouano
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2006
          If you'll consider paint having similar density of
          water, then 1 gram of paint = 1 milliliter. So from
          this, basically 1 kilogram of paint is the mass of 1
          liter of paint. So you'll just need to convert pounds
          to kilograms, and the answer should be equal to the
          volume of paint in liters. Heres a useful link:

          http://www.swbic.org/education/env-engr/physical/physical.html

          http://mail.yahoo.com