Re: [science-fiction] Anyone here watch "Throgh The Wormhole?"

  • NDAY
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013
      It's one of the best shows on tv. It's informative and provides interesting perspectives on age old questions like "Did we invent God'; "What are we really made of" or "Is reality real".

      Nikki

      >________________________________

    • betty monfette
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 21, 2013
        He's not *just* the presenter -- there is, quite often, a real-life reference he pulls in to help explain things.  And he's something of a science nut / geek, actually capable of understanding what they're focusing on, not simply parroting line.

        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/morgan-freeman-wormhole-aliens-space-origins-life_n_3530362.html

        http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/through-the-wormhole/videos/behind-the-scenes.htm

        Akuma

        ________________________________
        On 21/08/2013 10:09 AM, betty monfette wrote:

        > I love the show. Got it all on my DVR-linked hard drive until I can
        > afford the discs. Kind of scary how much Morgan Freeman and myself
        > think alike...
        >
        > Akuma

        But they're not his thoughts. It's only him as a presenter.

        John

      • Chocolate Lover
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 21, 2013
          On 21/08/2013 5:22 PM, betty monfette wrote:

          > He's not *just* the presenter -- there is, quite often, a real-life
          > reference he pulls in to help explain things. And he's something of a
          > science nut / geek, actually capable of understanding what they're
          > focusing on, not simply parroting line.
          >
          > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/morgan-freeman-wormhole-aliens-space-origins-life_n_3530362.html
          >
          > http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/through-the-wormhole/videos/behind-the-scenes.htm
          >
          > Akuma

          I didn't know that about him.

          I just watched Oblivion and loved it.

          About to watch Olympus Has Fallen

          John
        • Chocolate Lover
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2013
            I finally got my DVDs of Through The Wormhole

            I am actually kind of excited to start watching them

            John
          • Barry
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2013
              On 9/3/2013 10:34 PM, Chocolate Lover wrote:
              > I finally got my DVDs of Through The Wormhole
              >
              > I am actually kind of excited to start watching them

              They also have most of the episodes for free online.

              http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/through-the-wormhole/

              --
              N.E. Barry Hofstetter
              Semper melius Latine sonat

              All opinions in this email are my own, and
              reflect no institution with which I may be
              associated