USPS sci fi author stamps

  • dizzheart
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      From this month's ansible:

      "STAMPED OUT. US Postal Service plans to issue special stamps honouring
      Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein and Frank
      Herbert -- originally intended for July 2013 release -- have been postponed
      until 2014. (_Linn's Stamp News_, 29 April) [AIP] Maybe the USPS was tipped off
      about the talking squid in outer space...."

      I hope they do issue them. I will definitely be getting a set.

      What do we all think of the selection? Personally I wouldn't put Frank
      Herbert on a level with the others; I'd put Henry Kuttner or CM Kornbluth or
      Cordwainer Smith up there instead. Or James Tiptree, now there was a tough
      minded lady. But alas, most of those names are now unknown because nobody
      mined their works for tentpole movies.

      Janice