What if Dr Suess wrote for Star Trek?

  • donnamz812
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
      If Dr. Seuss wrote for Star Trek: The Next Generation.......

      Picard: Sigma Indri, that's the star,

      So, Data, please, how far? How far?

      Data: Our ship can get there very fast

      But still the trip will last and last

      We'll have two days til we arrive

      But can the Indrans there survive?

      Picard: LaForge, please give us factor nine.

      LaForge: But, sir, the engines are offline!

      Picard: Offline! But why? I want to go!

      Please make it so, please make it so!

      Riker: But sir, if Geordi says we can't,

      We can't, we mustn't, and we shan't,

      The danger here is far too great!

      Picard: But surely we must not be late!

      Troi: I'm sensing anger and great ire.

      Computer: Alert! Alert! The ship's on fire!

      Picard: The ship's on fire? How could this be?

      Who lit the fire?

      Riker: Not me.

      Worf: Not me.

      Picard: Computer, how long til we die?

      Computer: Eight minutes left to say goodbye.

      Data: May I suggest a course to take?

      We could, I think, quite safely make

      Extinguishers from tractor beams

      And stop the fire, or so it seems...

      Geordi: Hurray! Hurray! You've saved the day!

      Again I say, Hurray! Hurray!

      Picard: Mr. Data, thank you much.

      You've saved our lives, our ship, and such.

      Troi: We still must save the Indran planet --

      Data: Which (by the way) is made of granite...

      Picard: Enough, you android. Please desist.

      We understand -- we get your gist.

      But can we get our ship to go?

      Please, make it so, PLEASE make it so.

      Geordi: There's sabotage among the wires

      And that's what started all the fires.

      Riker: We have a saboteur? Oh, no!

      We need to go! We need to go!

      Troi: We must seek out the traitor spy

      And lock him up and ask him why?

      Worf: Ask him why? How sentimental.

      I say give him problems dental.

      Troi: Are any Romulan ships around?

      Have scanners said that they've been found?

      Or is it Borg or some new threat

      We haven't even heard of yet?

      I sense no malice in this crew.

      Now what are we supposed to do?

      Crusher: Captain, please, the Indrans need us.

      They cry out, "Help us, clothe us, feed us!"

      I can't just sit and let them die!

      A doctor MUST attempt -- MUST try!

      Picard: Doctor, please, we'll get there soon.

      Crusher: They may be dead by Tuesday noon.

      *COMMERCIAL BREAK, COMMERCIAL BREAK

      HOW LONG WILL THESE DUMB ADS TAKE?*

      Worf: The saboteur is in the brig.

      He's very strong and very big.

      I had my phaser set on stun --

      A zzzip! A zzzap! Another one!

      He would not budge, he would not fall,

      He would not stun, no, not at all!

      He changed into a stranger form

      All soft and purple, round and warm.

      Picard: Did you see this, Mr. Worf?

      Did you see this creature morph?

      Worf: I did and then I beat him fairly.

      Hit him on the jaw -- quite squarely.

      Riker: My commendations, Klingon friend!

      Our troubles now are at an end!

      Crusher: Now let's get our ship to fly

      And orbit yonder Indran sky!

      Picard: LaForge, please tell me we can go...?

      Geordi: Yes, sir, we can.

      Picard: Then make it so!

      Donna Z in MA
    • sparx
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
        Donna, this is so cute!!  I love the idea of Worf Seussing!!

        fc

      • donnamz812
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
          Glad you enjoyed it! Just surfing yesterday and ran across it, I think it'd be a comical spoof, animated South Park style! LOL

          Donna Z in MA